Best Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Casinos
Online Casinos that Welcome Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Payments
Bitcoin casinos offer more than just a new way of funding your account. A new generation of casinos offer games which are ‘provably fair’. This means you can see algorithmic proof that the card shuffle, slot spin or roulette wheel spin was completely fair after a game ends.
These casinos have moved from being smaller niche sites to become some of the biggest and most reputable online casinos. Examples include BitStarz, which offers a huge list of slots and table games – plus a full live dealer casino room. BTC casinos are legal and licensed in reputable jurisdictions, they welcome players from all over the world.
This page has everything you need to get started with Bitcoin casinos online. You will find out how to start transacting in Bitcoin, how provably fair games work and the bonuses, games, and ongoing rewards available at the leading BTC casino brands below.
Best Bitcoin Casinos for 2022
What Makes Bitcoin Casinos Different?
There are many casinos, sportsbooks and poker rooms which accept cryptocurrency as payments. These operators are not the ones usually referred to as Bitcoin casinos. The reason is that they instantly swap your money for dollars. You play or bet in dollars, cashing out via the cryptocurrency you deposited with.
Bitcoin casinos like BitStarz allow you to play in Bitcoin, Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies – or in fiat currencies including Euros. Jackpots, rewards, and bonuses are in these new currencies. They are licensed in mainstream gambling jurisdictions, and in the country markets that they operate in.
The other major difference is the inclusion of provably fair games. These not only demonstrate their fairness, they allow user input into the ‘seed’, which affects the eventual outcome of the spin or hand.
How to Deposit and Withdraw from Bitcoin Casinos
This section explains how to get hold of Bitcoin and use it for payments at online casinos. If you are already familiar with Bitcoin, then the information on the casino operators continues below this.
To start with Bitcoin, or any other cryptocurrency, two things are needed.
- A wallet to store your coins
- A way to swap your dollars, euros, or pounds for cryptocurrency
Big exchanges including Coinbase and BitPanda will provide both parts. Unless you are holding significant sums on exchanges for long periods – there is no need to get a ‘cold’ (offline) wallet. Buying Bitcoin will require a bank transfer or other secure payment. As soon as that money is received by the exchange you can buy cryptocurrency right away.
Once you have some Bitcoin you are ready to send it to BitStarz or another Bitcoin casino.
Register your account, head to the cashier, and click the deposit button. Here you can choose your deposit currency. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency options require a ‘Receiver ID’. This is a wallet address of the person you are sending currency to. It looks like a long string of letters and numbers in text form – or a QR code for mobile wallets/exchanges.
Sending Bitcoin is simple. You paste the receivers ID in your own wallet, confirm the amount to send in parts of a bitcoin or dollars, and then click send.
The bitcoin is sent right away, though you may need to wait 10 minutes for the transaction to go from ‘Pending’ to ‘Confirmed’. This is the time it takes for the network of Bitcoin miners to add your transaction to the distributed ledger known as the blockchain.
Withdrawing with Bitcoin
When you want to withdraw, you need to get the receiver ID of your own Bitcoin wallet. This is then given to the casino, along with the amount you want to withdraw. Once they have processed your payment, it will appear in your wallet.
If you do not wish to hold Bitcoin, then you can immediately exchange this for your nations’ fiat currency and withdraw it to your bank.
Overall, the process for depositing in Bitcoin is amazingly easy, very safe, and completely under your own control.
How Do Provably Fair Bitcoin Casino Games Work?
Some games at BTC Casinos are ‘provably fair’. This means that you can check that the outcome was completely random after the spin or deal is completed. This is done by having an encrypted algorithm which includes the outcome of the game displayed before the hand or spin is started. One element of this is a secret key, which is available to view the math after the game is finished – along with mathematical proof that nothing changed in the meantime.
You can randomize the outcomes yourself. Games include a ‘seed’ which players can control. These are added into the mix of the algorithm, allowing you to influence the outcome. You will not know how this changes anything before the game – though you can see this afterwards.
Bonuses and Promotions at Bitcoin Casinos
One big advantage of Bitcoin casinos over the ones which work with credit cards is that their payment processing costs are low. This means that they are able to offer much bigger welcome bonuses than you get at regular casino brands. Some offers go into the $1000’s (1 or more BTC in many cases).
Using BitStarz as an example, here are the types of welcome package you can expect:
- 20 Free Spins: No deposit is needed to claim your free spins. You can win up to $100 with them after play-through.
- Welcome Freeroll: Win up to $1000 per week in this slot themed leaderboard contest.
- 100% Matched Bonus up to 1 BTC (or $400) First Deposit Bonus: This generous sign-up bonus comes with 180 extra free spins, which are awarded at 20 per day.
- 50% Matched Second Deposit Bonus 1BTC or $400: While this bonus does not include free spins, it certainly makes for a good backup plan.
- 3rd and 4th Deposit Bonuses: Your 3rd bonus has a maximum of 2 BTC matched at 50%, while the 4th adds one more Bitcoin at 100%.
- Slot Wars Leaderboards: Win your share of $5000 in prizes every week – with 5,000 free spins available too. Table Wars uses a similar system with casino table games.
- Free Spins Wednesdays: You can get up to 200 extra free spins each Wednesday if you make a deposit.
- Reload Bonuses: 50% matched reload bonuses up to $300 are up for grabs on your first deposit on a Monday.
- One Off/Special Promotions: These change all the time at BitStarz and other Bitcoin casinos. Examples include the chance to win a Tesla car, and the last man standing battle style contest.
Compared to the older brands, the bonuses and promotions at bitcoin casinos are extremely generous. You can check out the latest for yourself at bitstarz.com/promotions
Types of Casino Game to Expect at Bitcoin Casinos
Bitcoin casinos are not tied to slots or casino games from a single source. This means you can find 100’s or even 1000’s of different games to enjoy.
You can find slots from BetSoft, NetEnt, MicroGaming, Blueprint, Rival Gaming and Yggdrasil and other popular software houses.
Here is a run-down of the game categories:
- Slots: Video slots make up the single biggest type of game. You will find many popular themes (Irish Luck, Ancient Egypt, and Las Vegas), alongside many innovative and quirky games. Check out the cinematic 3D effects on the latest BetSoft slots, of the storylines and unlockable bonus features on Rival Gaming titles. Some slots have progressive jackpots, while others allow for big wins via bonus features, wheel spins and free spins.
- Table Games: This category includes a wide selection of card games, roulette, and dice games. Without the need for dealers, Bitcoin casinos get to offer multiple variants on the most popular titles. Look out for casino poker-based games, including Casino Hold’em, ‘trey’ card poker, Caribbean stud poker and Pai Gow poker. Blackjack includes a ‘Surrender’ option, multi-hand games and Double Exposure. Along with the regular European and US roulette options, you will also find a wheel that has a progressive jackpot side game.
- Live Dealer Casino: You can play table games with real dealers at Bitcoin casinos. The games are streamed in real time from a studio, with the software allowing you to place bets. There are a lot of games available in this format including: Blackjack, baccarat, roulette, game show games (for example Deal or No Deal), wheel spin games and casino poker variations. Look out for side bets which have progressive jackpots.
- Video Poker: This old school game has found a new leash of life online. Traditional titles including Jacks or Better and Deuces Wild can be played at Bitcoin casinos. You will also find plenty of entertaining variants including multi-hand games and those with side bets/redraws.
- Novelty Games: This is an ‘everything else’ category. There are lots more games to enjoy including bingo, keno, scratch cards, virtual racing games, game show like mini-games and even slot/bingo hybrids.
Wrapping Up: Bitcoin Online Casinos are Now Mainstream
Far from being shady or unregulated, casinos that offer Bitcoin deposits and games are now mainstream. Many operators, including BitStarz, have licenses from reputable jurisdictions, games from the biggest and best software houses and a great track record. You can claim big bonuses. BitStarz offer of up to 5 BTC matched to your first deposits crushes the deals offered by regular casinos.
Transacting in Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency has never been easier. Players that want to avoid any volatility in the value of cryptocurrency can easily convert their BTC to EUR on deposit.
Bitcoin Casinos Frequently Asked Questions
Reputable bitcoin casinos like BitStarz have been online since 2014 and are fully licensed. Your money, whether in your local currency or BTC, is perfectly safe with them.
If you are worried about the fluctuation of BTC relative to other currencies, you can minimize your exposure to cryptocurrencies very easily. By exchanging your bankroll slowly and holding only the BTC you need to play online, you are minimizing your exposure. If you prefer, you can deposit and bet with euros or dollars instead.
Yes. Local laws do vary, though there are no specific laws preventing you from doing business in Bitcoin at the time of writing. Laws which cover banking and gambling sites, such as the US UIGEA, cover traditional banking networks and institutions. Some bitcoin casinos restrict geos where they are not licensed, others do not.
Provably fair games use advanced math to demonstrate that your spin or hand was fair. Other software uses a random number generator to determine the outcome of each spin. You should always check that a casino has their RNG audited by a respected testing company, and that the RTP (return to player) percentages are as published.
By sticking to regulated and licensed casinos, you can be sure that the deal and spins are fair.
No. There are a lot of different deposit methods. These vary, depending on your country. They include Neteller and Skrill – which work similarly to PayPal, bank cards including Visa and MasterCard. Transfer services including WebMoney and more.
Many bitcoin casinos will ask for ID documents as part of their KYC or ‘Know Your Customer’ checks. These checks help protect from fraud and money laundering. They protect players at bitcoin casinos, as well as the casinos themselves.
Most casinos allow you to collect points as part of a loyalty rewards scheme. BitStarz do things differently, instead offering incentives via their Table Wars and Slot Wars leaderboards, plus many other one-off promotions. Examples of rewards games include a ‘Sweet Level Up Adventure’, which offers bigger and bigger rewards as you move along a path for completing challenges.
Regular casino reward programs are often tiered. As you play more, you move up through defined loyalty levels – unlocking bigger rewards as you go.
No. You will need to cash out with the same method you deposited with, together with the KYC checks, this helps prevent money laundering.