Minimum Deposit Casinos
Making the Best Use of Online Casinos Accepting $5, $10 and $20 Deposits
After looking at the promotional offers at online casinos, you might think you need hundreds of dollars to take advantage.
In fact, you’ll find the opposite – players starting out with minimum deposits can reap some pretty hefty rewards if you shop around. Deposits between $5 and $20 are often enough to get a lot of extra free online slot spins, tournament entries and a matched welcome bonus on top.
This page covers everything you need to know about minimum deposit casinos including which casinos accept $5, $10 & $20 deposits and the bonuses you qualify for. US casinos are covered, plus some international brands.
Online Casinos with Low Deposit Requirements – Play Slots with $5, $10 & $20
Here is what you can expect to find below:
- How to take advantage of small deposit casinos
- Finding a bonus that applies to small payments
- Which deposit methods accept the smallest amount
- How to cash out smaller amounts
- How to find a reputable brand
Why Making a Minimum Deposit is Often the Smartest Move
There are two reasons why I like to start with smaller payments at online casinos. First, this is a great way to build trust at your own pace. Sure, those matched bonuses of $1000’s are enticing – though for many of us that is a big outlay before building a trusted relationship with the brand.
Starting with $20 allows you to make sure you are comfortable with the payment process, customer support and ongoing promotional offers – without a big risk.
The other reason is to take advantage of free spins and other online casino bonus incentives. Most casinos offer extras alongside their matched bonus deal. While some give you free spins before making any deposit – the number of spins shoots up when you become a real money casino player.
Since the amount of money needed to take advantage is often small – minimum deposit players get a great deal. Look out for offers of 100+ real money free spins, tournament entries with cash prizes or free chips for live dealer rooms. When you find them, cross check with the minimum deposit needed to get these benefits, you’ll find this surprisingly low in many cases.
Best Minimum Deposit Casinos
Here is a list of minimum deposit casinos that allow players to get started with as little as $1. These small deposit limits allow new players to try out a casino before committing to a bigger deposit.
|Online Casino||Minimum Deposit||Legal States|
|DraftKings Casino||$5||MI, NJ, PA & WV|
|FanDuel Casino||$10||CT, MI, NJ, PA & WV|
|BetMGM Casino||$10||MI, NJ, PA & WV|
|Borgata Casino||$10||NJ & PA|
Further Examples of small deposit casinos (for regulated states)
- Sugarhouse – Minimum deposit is $10 across all methods. Must be located in NJ or PA
- Unibet Casino – The minimum deposit for both NJ and PA casino is $10 across all methods.
- Hollywood Casino – Must be in Pennsylvania to play. The minimum deposit here is $10
- Golden Nugget Casino – Available in NJ only and the minimum deposit here is $10 if you use Play+, PayPal, PayNearMe or visit the casino cage.
- Tropicana Casino – Again, another NJ online casino. This site accepts deposit as small as $10.
Further Examples of small deposit sweepstakes casinos (open to most of the US & Canada)
- FunzPoints – FunzPoints has a $5 minimum purchase
What to Look Out for in Small Deposit Casino Bonus Deals
On the surface many casino bonuses look similar. Most brands (whether State regulated or international) offer a 100% matched welcome deal, often with a package of incentives alongside.
If you are a planning on making a low deposit is it important that you check the terms and conditions of these offers. You’ll find some major differences in how easy or difficult it is to take advantage of them.
Here is a checklist of the things you’ll need to know:
- Play-Through Required: This applies to the matched component of the bonus. All minimum deposit casinos in USA will ask you to roll over your bonus many times before it can be withdrawn. What you’ll find is big differences in exactly how many times you need to play-through. Look for 35x as a maximum – and avoid casinos which ask for more than 50x play-through.
- Restricted Games / Weightings: This goes together with the play-though requirement. If you enjoy online slots, then all of your wagering will count towards the play-though requirements. For table games, you will often find ‘weightings’. These stipulate a percentage of the stake which is counted towards clearing your bonus. For example, many casinos count blackjack at 10% only. Make sure your casino gives fair weightings before you deposit and does not exclude your favorite games completely.
- Non-Cashable Bonuses: Some casinos have terms which state that your welcome bonus is for play purposes only. Since this money can never be withdrawn – and will be removed the first time you cash out any winnings – it is a lot less valuable than a regular cashable bonus.
- Payment Method Restrictions: Some casinos restrict bonuses for certain payment methods. A common example for international casinos is that you don’t get a bonus for Skrill or Neteller deposits. It pays to make sure your payment method is not excluded before you sign up.
Extra Incentives for Minimum Deposit Casino Players
After you have checked for any traps or tricky terms – you can move on to the positive aspects making a small deposit at real money casinos, the incentives.
Free spins are a common way to incentivize new players. This can be anything from 10 to 100 real money spins, often on one or more designated slots. There are conditions for these too, with a cap on winnings and play-though required on most offers. Look out for deals which give you a shot at winning a big progressive jackpot!
Tournament entries also involve slots (though can also be based on Blackjack). Here you will compete against other players in a time-based contest. These are often free to enter and attract a lot of players. Players with the biggest play-money winnings at the end of the tournament get real cash prizes.
You will sometimes find that casinos offer additional real money incentives like a free chip for their live dealer casino. At the biggest brands, you might also be offered free play for other gambling types within their site – such as poker or sports betting.
As you gain experience with online casinos, you’ll realize that ongoing offers are more important than these initial bonuses. While the welcome deal is gone fast (usually within 30 to 60 days), ongoing extras can keep your bankroll topped up for years to come.
Look out for a loyalty scheme and plenty of one-off promotions and extras for players. The best casinos will have a dedicated promotions page to list this information.
Small deposit casinos: How to Get Money on Board (USA)
At State regulated USA online casinos you’ll be able to make small deposits using many familiar payment options. Expect minimums of $10 for most of these, with some (for example bank-wires) having higher minimums.
With small deposits, I recommend making sure you use a method without a fixed cost. While prepaid Visa cards will work, you’ll need to pay the merchant a small fee. In this example, even a small fee would be a big proportion of a $10 or $20 deposit.
Here are some of the popular options for small deposits. These are based on popular New Jersey online casinos;
- PayPal: The most popular electronic wallet has a $10 minimum casino deposit requirement, instant transfers and can also be used for withdrawals.
- Play+ Account: This system was originally designed to make getting money at the cage of brick and mortar casinos quicker, by verifying your identity and uploading your card information. It has now been extended to online casino payments.
- Credit Cards: Visa and MasterCard are the most commonly accepted credit card brands. Expect a slightly higher minimum of $20 with these (this accounts for the merchant fees for the casinos).
- PayNearMe: If you don’t want to pay electronically, PayNearMe allows you to make a minimum deposit using cash. This has a $10 minimum, and the transactions take place at 7-11 convenience stores. This method is not available for withdrawals.
- Neteller: This is an online wallet in the same category as PayPal. You can deposit instantly, with a minimum of $10 at most casinos.
- Local Bank Transfer: Another easy option, pay via your online banking system, using a local transfer. Note that wires (using SWIFT / IBAN) usually have bigger minimum deposits and high fees, while local transfers are usually free.
New Jersey casinos also allow players to deposit cash via their casino cages via the affiliated B&M casino.
Minimum Casino Deposit Options at International Casinos
Outside of the US, the options for making secure small deposits are even wider. Most of the methods covered above are available (with the exceptions of Play+ and PayNearMe). Depending on your location, making a deposit from your bank or with a debit / credit card may be restricted. Canada is an example a country with legal casinos, though banks that place restrictions on credit card payments. Fortunately, several easy alternatives are available.
Here are some extra ways of making small deposits at online casinos outside of the USA.
- Skrill: This is another electronic wallet with similarities to PayPal and Neteller. Most casinos set a minimum deposit at $10 for Skrill.
- EcoCard / EntroPay: These are examples of virtual credit card accounts, adding a secure 3rd party between your bank and the online casinos.
- Debit Cards: Maestro and Visa Electron are popular, in addition to the regular Visa and MasterCard branded cards.
- Interac: This is an example of a payment gateway which allows deposits at casinos for Canadian customers. Others, including Citadel, work in a similar way.
- PaySafeCard: This is a voucher system, you purchase the ‘Pins’ (vouchers with credit card like numbers) from stores and use these to deposit online.
How to Initiate a Withdrawal
We’d all like to believe that our small deposit will turn into a huge withdrawal. While you have a legitimate shot at this, in most cases the withdrawal will be on the smaller side.
Before you make a deposit, remember to check for minimum and maximum withdrawal amounts. Many a small bankroll has been ‘trapped’ by a $100 minimum withdrawal level.
International casinos and sweepstakes / social casinos will pay via ETF (electronic fund transfer). This is a local bank transfer system – and is both fast and free. Often, you’ll find that the casino stipulates processing your withdrawal onto the same system you used to deposit. This is an anti money-laundering rule.
Some deposit methods are one way, and don’t process withdrawals at all. These include MasterCard credit cards, and voucher / POS type systems. When this is the case, bank transfers or checks can be used. Some casinos will process withdrawals onto electronic wallets which you have not previously deposited with – others will not.
Even Minimum Deposit Players Should Expect a ‘KYC’ Check
To keep everything above board, all legitimate casinos (including social casino apps) will perform a ‘Know Your Customer’ check when real money play starts. This applies to even the smallest deposit players.
My view is that these keep the online casino world clear of crime – and should be welcomed. You’ll need to send ID documents, and sometimes a picture of your credit card (you can black out some numbers if you prefer). Preparing for this in advance will keep things fast and smooth.
Wrap Up: Making Sure Your Casino is Reputable
You’ll only find reviews of the regulated and trusted brand casinos from the US and around the world on this site. I strongly recommend you stick reputable low deposit casinos – and don’t risk even the smallest deposit with unknown brands.
There is a big casino industry offshore, though players have no recourse should something go wrong. While many of these have amazing bonus offers, the old adage comes into play; ‘if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!’.
These days there are plenty of easy ways to make $10 & $20 casino deposits along with withdrawing winnings from trusted brands. The casinos compete with each other for your business – so make sure that the welcome offer includes plenty of extras, which are accessible for a minimum deposit!