Most Popular Online Slot Games
All WMS Slot Games
The original Goldfish slot was created long before the hit movie ‘Finding Nemo’. The cute fish on the reels will certainly remind you of this movie. This game takes place in a fish-tank, with several characterful brightly colored fish.
As well as the regular line hits, each of the fish has its own regularly triggered bonus game. Some of these are picks bonuses, with free spins also available. Goldfish has benefited from new versions. The latest has a big screen, making the most of the HD graphics.
You can now enjoy the Goldfish slots online – as well as in live casinos around the country. States with regulated casinos offer many real money slot games from WMS, in addition to those from the other major slot producers.
Basics: How the Goldfish Slots are Set Up
This is a 25 win-line slot. The reels are a regular 5×3 grid. Bigger wins come via the colorful fish. You’ll see these in a second screen above the reels – with other fish swimming by behind the reels.
Other unique symbols include a hermit crab, turtle, weeds, brightly colored corals and a filter-style net. There are no playing cards or other filler symbols for this game. Things are kept clear on the reels by having higher paying symbols in frames, and the lower paying ones without.
Goldfish Slot: Each Fish Has a Bonus
Most of the bonuses can happen at random after any spin. You’ll see the fish above the reels come to life. A big bowl appears, overlaid on the reels. One of the brightly colored fish will jump in (with a satisfying splash sound) triggering one of the following bonuses:
- Purple Fish: This fish will jump into the bowl and literally blow you a credit win. It sits at the bottom of the bowl, then blows 3 bubbles. Each bubble turns into a digit from 0 to 9. These move around, giving you a prize based on your credits.
- Goldfish Bonus: You’ll win free spins via this fish. There are two rounds of picks before the spins start. You choose a bubble to give you a number of free spins, then another which gives you a win multiplier which appears to every spin.
- Green Fish: This is another picks game. The green fish appears and the bowl then fills with bubbles. You only get one pick. If you get lucky, then you’ll select the ‘Collect All’ bubble, which awards all of the prizes.
- Red Fish: This bonus starts with a simple picks game. You get to choose from 3 items (a castle, clam and treasure chest). These give you a win of up to 50x your bet. Next, fish appear, kissing the item you choose, which can boost your win further.
- Blue Fish: This is another free spins style bonus, though it starts with a bubble picks round. You can only win a maximum of 3 free spins. These are extra-valuable, with all symbols paying as scatters for these spins.
Fish Food Scatters
Unlike the fish bonuses, this feature is triggered by getting 3+ of the scatter symbols. These show a tub of fish food. There is no bowl for this bonus, instead the reels disappear, with the bonus taking place on a second screen.
You’ll see a grid of fish food symbols. Picking them will reveal either a credit win or a turtle. You keep picking until you get 3 turtle symbols. On the newest casino versions of the Goldfish slots, these picks games involve picking colored fish instead of fish food.
Where Can I Play Goldfish Slots Online in the USA?
If you live in a state with regulated online casinos, you’ll now be able to enjoy the Goldfish slots online. Big brands like DraftKings Casino, Caesars and Betfair have partnered with local casinos in PA, NJ, MI and WV. These apps and sites offer 100’s of online slots – including many from WMS.
Outside of those states, you’ll need to find a live casino to enjoy a session on the Goldfish slots.
Design of WMS’ Goldfish Slot Machines
The original version of Goldfish used mechanical reels. These games have been retired, with the video slot version now the most popular. There is a bigger screen one available in some casinos too.
Graphics are simple, though the colorful fish do have plenty of character. There are some entertaining animations where the fish jump from the top of the game into the bowl. The picks style games that result also have simple graphics. A cheery tune plays while you spin, along with the inevitable bubble and splashing sound effects.
Wrapping Up: How Do the Goldfish Slots Compare?
These games have stood the test of time in the competitive environment of the casino floor. While the base game is solid enough, the main draw involves the randomly triggered bonuses. There is enough variety to make these entertaining – and they are frequent enough that you won’t need to last too long.
Free spins, which come with multipliers of up to 10x on every win are where the big win potential from this game comes from.