Michigan Lottery welcome bonus
Sign up for the Michigan Lottery online and receive a great welcome bonus!
Use our Michigan Lottery promo code PLAYMICHIGAN50 when you register an account and you will qualify for 50 free games in addition to the 50% match bonus.
In other words, an initial deposit of $200 will automatically qualify you for the maximum bonus worth $100.
Michigan Lottery: The in-state only draws
You’ll find a mix of draws and keno style games at the Michigan Lottery. Tickets for two draws (Lotto 47 and Fantasy 5) can be purchased online. You’ll need to go to a retail terminal to enter the other games.
- Lotto 47: This is the biggest draw offered in MI only. The jackpot starts at $1 million, with the draw taking place twice a week on Wednesday and Saturday. Tickets cost $1, with an optional ‘EzMatch’ add-on for an extra $1. To play, you choose 6 numbers from 47, with prizes paid for 3 matches and up. You can buy tickets for this draw online or at retail outlets.
- Fantasy 5: This is a daily draw. The jackpot starts at $100,000 and grows until it is won. Tickets cost $1, again with an optional EzMatch side game. To play you pick 5 numbers from 39. Prizes are awarded for 2+ matches. Tickets are available online or from retail outlets.
- Daily 3: Simply choose 3 numbers from 0 to 9 to enter this draw, which takes place twice per day. You can choose up to 5 panels per tickets and box your picks to cover the different order of balls drawn. Prizes are paid from pools depending on how many tickets have each combination. The top prize is $500.
- Daily 4: This takes the same idea (single numbers 0 to 9) as the pick 3 – and adds a 4th number. The top prize is significantly boosted, this time you can win $5000. Drawings take place twice per day. To play you pick 4 numbers between 0 and 9. Boxing numbers, adding 5 combinations per ticket and buying tickets for up to 60 draws at once is allowed.
- Daily Keno: This is a daily draw game based on a Keno format (separate from the instant-play Keno games). To play you select 10 numbers from 1 to 80, with automatic picks available at retail kiosks. The jackpot is set at $250,000 (awarded for matching your 10 from 22 balls). You’ll get your $1 ticket back for any draw where you don’t match a single ball.
- Club Keno: This draw happens every few minutes. You can watch from retail locations or via the Michigan Lottery website. Tickets cost from $1 and are available in-store only. There is a main draw (match to from 10 picks) and a bigger extra prize. The biggest prize is $2,000,000.
Click here to join Michigan Lottery – Get 50 free games with promo code PLAYMICHIGAN50!
Multi-state draws available at the Michigan Lottery
State only draws are worth winning. Compared to the huge prizes of the Powerball and Mega Millions multi-state draws, those prizes are small. You can buy tickets to the country-wide lottery games at stores or online via the Michigan Lottery website. Here are the games you can take part in:
- Powerball: This game has a jackpot that starts at $40 million. The biggest prize was over $1.5 billion. You choose 5 numbers from 69, plus a Powerball number. It costs $2 to enter the main game. There is an optional ‘Power Play’ for $1. This boosts any non-jackpot wins and is a popular add-on. Powerball draws are twice weekly, on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Mega Millions: With similar odds, and a similar jackpot, the Mega Millions also pays at least $40 million as a top prize. Draws take place on Tuesday and Friday. To play you pick 5 numbers from 70, plus an additional Mega Ball. The main game costs $2 to enter, with an optional $1 ‘Megaplier’.
- Lucky 4 Life: Tickets for this multi-state game are not available online. You can enter from retail outlets in MI. Instead of a single lump sum, you can win $1000 every day for the rest of your life. This draw covers 26 states and costs $2 to enter. Draws take place on Monday and Thursday.
Games available at retail lottery outlets in Michigan
Other games you can enjoy at retail lottery outlets include pull tabs, scratch cards and second chance drawings. Each category has a lot of games – which change over time. The lists below show you how these games work, along with some examples of popular titles in each category:
Michigan join together their online games and retail scratch cards under the category of ‘Instants’. To see the scratch cards that you can buy at retail outlets. You need to access the ‘games’ list on the MI lottery website, then ‘Instants’ and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.
Here you’ll find a long list of cards, with the price of each and top prize listed. You can click on them, which will show you the full card, prizes and rules of how to play. Here are some examples of popular cards:
- Casino Millions: This $10 card has a top prize of $1 million. It has 3 games on one card. The first uses playing cards, the second uses craps dice and the third casino chips. If you reveal a star on game 3, you’ll get 10x the listed prize.
- Wheel of Fortune: This scratch card costs $2. It has a top prize of $5,000. As well as the main game (which involves matching numbers), there is a ‘wild bonus’. You get 2 added shots to win cash. If you reveal a money bag symbol, you’ll get up to 5x. This card has a 2nd chance drawing for losing tickets too.
- 5x the Cash: There are a lot of ‘x the Cash’ themed scratch cards in Michigan. This one costs $1 and gives you a shot at winning $5000. Reveal your winning numbers, then scratch 5 panels showing money. You can win up to 5 times on each card.
- Naughty or Nice: This is an example of a seasonal and entertaining card. It has a Christmas stocking theme and costs $1. You reveal Rudolph symbols, winning an instant prize. Santa symbols get you $10 right away. The top prize is $500, meaning more winning tickets compared to the big jackpot games.
Michigan Lottery Pull Tab Games
This type of game was the predecessor of scratch cards. Instead of scratching, you pull a tab – revealing symbols underneath. These days, they work in similar ways to the scratch cards. Pull tabs have the same types of theme – plus the same matching symbols game play.
- Break the Bank: Money symbols feature in this bright pull tab game. It costs $2 and has a $15,000 top prize. You have 7 tabs to open, each showing money symbols or fruits. The winning combinations of 3 symbols are shown on the front of the card.
- Great Lakes Loot: An example of a card with a local theme. This one costs $2 and pays up to $15k. Symbols include a lighthouse and apples. Again, you have 7 tabs to open, giving you 7 separate shots at the big money prizes.
Second Chance Games on the Michigan Lottery
The MI lottery website has special draws where you enter codes from losing scratch card and pull-tab games. These are marked ‘Second Chance’. There are currently 14 games in this list. They include Wheel of Fortune, Bingo slots and Cashworld Millions titles.
Michigan: Online Lottery
You can buy tickets to the big multi-state and Michigan-only draws, take part in the second chance draws, watch / get the draw results and play a long list of entertaining instant games at the Michigan online lottery.
There is a bonus based on your first deposit. This is a generous 50% bonus up to $100. You deposit, get the bonus cash and then use it to enjoy the games. You also get free games of the popular instant game ‘Treetop Treasures’. You can follow your progress with this bonus under the ‘My Bonuses’ area of the website after you register.
Plenty of other promotions are running. These include a daily ‘Spin to Win’ game, entries to special drawings (you get these by playing eligible games), in store instant game offers and coupon offers for members.
Get 50 free games with Michigan promo code PLAYMICHIGAN50!
Instant Online Games
The Michigan lottery has instant play games to enjoy on their website. These are close (in terms of game play) to scratch cards. The entertaining graphics and lively themes make them feel like slots in some instances. You can play these for pennies, or up your stakes and go for bigger prizes.
To see the full list of online games, choose ‘Instants’ under the ‘game’ tab on the Michigan Lottery website. These games can be enjoyed in Demo mode or for real money.
- Northern Wilds: There are 3 ways to win on this game. It is set against a beautiful mountain and lake scene. Scratch tree sections to reveal animals (for instant wins), a compass (for a wheel bonus) or collect fruits to win prizes. These cost between 5c and $2, with a $40,000 top prize.
- Jungle Payout: This jungle animals themed game is marked as ‘popular’. It works like a cross between a slot and a scratch card. Symbols fall onto the screen, with prizes for 3 matches. You can win free games, multipliers and two bonuses (chest and wheel). Spin for between 10c and $10.
- Quick 6: This is one of many bingo / keno style instant games you can play online at the Michigan lottery. You get 6 numbers on the top of your screen (including a green ball). These are matches with 2 sets of balls below. If you get all 5 plus your green ball matched, you can win up to $12,500. Multiple tickets can be selected for up to 10 games at once.
- Wheel of Fortune: This is an officially branded game, based on the long-running TV game show. The main game involves scratching panels to match letters and win instant prizes. If you reveal 3 of the wheels, you get to play a bonus game. Here you get 10 spins of a complex wheel, match numbers on the inner wheels, and you’ll get a prize based on a multiplier of your stake.
Get 50 free games with Michigan promo code PLAYMICHIGAN50!
Downloading the Michigan Lottery app
Games will work on your desktop via the Michigan lottery website. For the best experience on your mobile phone, there are apps to download. These are for Android and Apple phones. They let you access the instant play games, scan your tickets to see if you won the retail draws and to buy tickets for the multi-state and MI only draws.
You’ll find a link to download the apps in the footer of the main lottery website. Buttons for Android and Apple apps are clear – just tap the right one to start the process.
How to deposit and withdraw on the Michigan Lottery website
Depositing at the Michigan lottery website follows the same process as making any regular online purchase. There are four methods of making your deposit:
- Visa Card
- Discover Card
Withdrawals are processed via ACH transfer – a local bank transfer. You’ll need to set this up the first time by adding your bank details. It will then be saved in your profile, making future withdrawals faster.
You can set deposit limits as part of the responsible gambling policy. Note that bigger wins will be reported for tax purposes.
How does the Michigan iLottery compare to online lotteries in other states?
Michigan is ahead of the field when it comes to development of an online lottery. While many states including New Hampshire, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Illinois allow sales of multi-state draw tickets – Michigan has multiple options. They include MI-only draws, keno games, instant games and second chance drawings.
The welcome bonus at 50% will give you a lot of free play for your initial deposit. There are a lot of ongoing offers and promos for regular online players to help keep your bankroll topped up.
Wrapping up: Michigan Lottery
If you could travel back to 1972 and see the development of the first Michigan lottery draw – it would be hard to imagine how it would look almost 50 years later.
You can now watch draws and buy tickets on your iPhone or Android smartphone. You can enjoy instant online games (some with giant jackpots), and even scan your tickets to see if you have any wins.
When it comes to jackpots, Michigan are part of the MUSL. You have access to draws with life changing prizes, including the Powerball and Mega Millions. There are in-state draws too. These include the lotto 47, with a jackpot starting at $1 million and 2 draws a week.
Check out the Michigan lottery website for yourself now. You’ll get a bonus of up to $100 – and can play entertaining instant games.