The Giant 888 Brand Comes to the Garden State with a Fully Featured Sportsbook
888 have been involved in online gambling sites since the beginning. Their casino, poker room and sports betting brands are now available in New Jersey. The 888 online sportsbook is a partnership with Caesars Atlantic City.
You’ll immediately see that this book looks different to most. The tabbed interface works on mobile apps or via a website. With live betting, deep coverage of major leagues and plenty of international sporting action, there is plenty to get involved with.
This 888 NJ sportsbook review covers this book in depth. You’ll find everything from the $10 no-deposit bonus info to payment options and betting coverage here. This is how the page is set out:
- 888 NJ Bonuses: This section is split into two. Welcome offers, then player promotions are examined in turn.
- Why Choose 888: The key reasons to pick this brand vs. the other New Jersey online sports betting sites.
- Features / Software: How to get around the smart 888 sports interface; with the key navigation and features highlighted.
- 888 NJ Sports Betting Apps: Options for both Android and Apple devices.
- Live Betting at 888: How to bet on matches as the action unfolds.
- Markets / Sports Available: What you can bet on. Sports and the leagues under each.
- Types of Bet: For those new to full sportsbooks, this section covers the types of bet available.
- Banking: Safe and secure options for deposits and withdrawals.
888 Sports New Jersey Bonus Code: $10 Free + a 100% Matched Welcome Bonus
Unlike many other New Jersey sports betting sites, you don’t need an 888 NJ Sportsbook bonus code. All players registering for an account and making their first deposit can take advantage of the welcome bonus offers.
The first bonus does not require any deposit. This is a $10 free bet for all new accounts. Here is how it works:
- Simply register your account and claim your bonus in the e-mail 888 sports will send.
- You now have 5 days to use your $10 bonus, which is credited to a special bonus account.
- This money must be used for a sport bet at -200 or higher.
As welcome offers go, this 888 deal is both straightforward and generous. Better still, claiming your $10 free bet does not exclude you from taking advantage of the $500 matched bonus later on.
888 will match your first deposit at 100%. The minimum is just $10, with $500 the maximum. Again, the money will be credited to your bonus account. You’ll need to wager this on events at -200 or higher six times in order to move the profit to your regular balance. 888 NJ gives you a full 30 days to complete this wagering requirement.
This offer is available to all new signups, though if you have taken advantage of the 888 Poker or 888 NJ Casino welcome offers already, you won’t be eligible.
Player Promotions at the 888 New Jersey Online Sportsbook
Instead of a fixed point-collection style program, 888 sports feature a list of player promos which change constantly. It depends which sports are in season, and what major events are taking place, as to how this list looks.
While you’ll need to visit the promotions page at 888 Sports to see the latest offers, the list below will give you a flavor of what is on offer:
- Double Winnings on Specific Games: Boosts for big events like the Superbowl after placing qualifying bets.
- Parlay Rebates: An example includes a $5 free bet if your soccer parlay fails by just a single leg.
- Deposit Bonuses: Existing bettors will often find extra bonus bets for new deposits. One promotion even made these bonuses surprises (random, up to $530).
- $30 Daily Free Bet: This example requires $100 in wagering on qualifying NBA or NHL games to receive a $30 bonus bet.
Of course, once you have an account you will be able to take advantage of cross-over promotions with the 888 poker room and online casino.
Reasons to Bet at 888 Sports New Jersey
Not all New Jersey online sportsbooks are the same. You’ll find that 888 have their technology already perfected – with a lot of state regulated sites covering poker, casino games and sports. I like the smart, tabbed interface of the 888 online sportsbook in New Jersey. This makes locating the matches you want to bet on a lot easier than on many rival books.
888 are ahead of the rest when it comes to apps. While the web-based sportsbook works fine on mobile devices, those apps are smoother still. These include full cashier and account management functionality.
Finally, those promotions are always changing, and always have something new to give loyal players. After you have taken advantage of the 888 sportsbook $10 free and initial matched bonus – there will always be reasons to come back regularly to check the ‘promotions’ page.
888 Sports New Jersey Software Features
Most online sportsbooks use a 3-column layout. You’d choose the sport on the left, see a list of matches and lines (with extra navigation for leagues) in the middle – then your bet slip would be on the right.
888 Sport has a smarter and more modern looking layout. The list of sports is still on the left. At the top are the current games and popular markets. Under this is a longer list of sports, which can be expanded / contracted. Each sport has the number of bets available next to it. For example, you might see NBA showing 406 and NASCAR 47.
Covering the entire right section of the screen in the default view are boxes. These are in 3 columns, with each one showing a match. There are links to the live betting and other areas in-between, breaking up the grid a little. Clicking on each match will bring up a list of bets. Depending on the sports you might see a graphic of the pitch with key stats over the top.
If you go via the individual sports a wider list appears with the current matches at the top. There are orange boxes for the different lines. Under the list of live and upcoming games are the next game dates plus futures. In-season you will also find the current league table here.
You might be wondering where the bet slip is! 888 keep this as a pop-up on the bottom right of the browser window. If you do prefer the ‘traditional’ look with your slip on the right, hit the thumb-tack icon on this. Otherwise you can toggle your slip up and down easily when you need it. You’ll notice a ‘cash out’ icon on this slip. This is for early redemption bets.
If you are unfamiliar with online sportsbook software, there is a ‘getting started’ link at the top of the site. This includes practical information on banking and registration – as well as a guide to the different types of bets and how to place them.
888 Sports Apps
The browser software will adapt to smaller screen sizes, though for optimum performance, you can also download 888 Sports apps. These can be found in the Apple app store, or direct from the 888 site for the Android version.
You’ll have full access to all the betting types, with the compact ‘boxes’ design for the match list making it easier to scroll through than with many other sportsbooks.
Live Betting at 888 Sports NJ
Technology improvements mean you can now bet on matches as they happen. The lines will change depending on the action in the game. This is popular enough that 888 Sports in New Jersey have given it a link in the top menu. This takes you to a page covering all the matches which are currently being played. As you can imagine, on match day for major leagues, you’ll have a lot of choices.
When multiple sports are live, you’ll drill down by sport, then league to find the match list.
Live betting can be used in conjunction with regular bets. This allows players to double-down on winning positions or hedge against losses. It is not just for the sharps – for most people, live betting is simply a great way to make watching live games more exciting.
Another innovative type of betting available at 888 New Jersey is Cash Out betting. This allows you to redeem any bet early, winning or losing, at a price determined by the site.
Betting Markets and Sports at the 888 Sportsbook
Picking a big international brand has advantages in terms of the coverage of leagues. 888 offer an impressive list – plus an impressive depth of coverage for the major domestic leagues. You’ll also find excellent coverage of events. When March Madness or the Superbowl come around, there will be plenty of props and often special promotions to take advantage of.
Coverage of domestic sports includes:
- Football: NFL, CFL and NCAAF are all covered in depth. You’ll find impressive draft coverage, and futures covering teams and players.
- Basketball: NBA, NCAAB, Euroleague and more. You’ll find bets on player of the year in different categories, player props, totals and spreads on each match and conference winners. Look out for big coverage when March Madness comes around.
- Baseball: MLB and spring training lines are offered. Live betting, futures, plenty of props and world series also covered.
- Hockey: NHL, AHL and World Championship coverage. Look for the betting action (and promos) heating up when the playoffs come around.
- MLS: Domestic soccer gets good coverage, though the most popular bets are on the international leagues.
When it comes to soccer, the number of leagues available (even for the lower divisions) is stunning. These start with the popular leagues like the EPL, La Liga and Champions League. International soccer like the World Cup and European Championships are also covered. As you will see from the number of lines offered (next to each sport in the left-hand column), soccer has more options than everything else combined at 888 sports.
Other sports with multiple betting options include tennis, gold, motor racing (NASCAR or F1 are available), UFC / MMA, rugby, cricket and cycling. When the Olympic games come around, you’ll also be able to bet on athletics.
Types of Betting at 888 Sports New Jersey
You have a choice between regular odds and ‘fractional’ (European) style odds at 888. These can be changed via a small drop-down underneath the list of lines. This section lists the bets you can place assuming US lines. If you are not familiar with the format, they are displayed in terms of the result of a $100 bet. A positive line is the amount you’d win by betting $100. A negative line shows the amount you’d need to stake to win $100. There is no need to bet in round $100 stakes, as the amounts are settled by the software.
Here are the key bets:
- Moneyline: This is the base bet for all online sportsbooks. You are picking a team to win. The favorite for a match will have a negative line (unless a draw option is possible).
- Spread: One team is given a head-start, a number of points or goals which would in theory make the match an even contest. You can bet on whether you think a team will beat the spread, or will fail to do so. Spreads are usually fractional (for example 5.5 points) to avoid tied outcomes.
- Totals: This is the final ‘standard’ bet you’ll see on most matches. A figure is given by the sportsbook for the total number of goals, you can bet the under or over.
- Live Betting: Any of these bets can be placed while a match is in-play. The lines will automatically adjust to the current state of the action.
- Cash Out Betting: Redeem any bet early, you’ll be offered a price by 888. This is used to lock in wins, exit losing positions or just to free up cash for a better opportunity.
- Player Props: Proposition bets vary by sport. Examples might include points totals for star Basketball players, yards rushed in Football or a hole in one on golf.
- Futures: These bets are often season long, they are shown in moneyline format, for example a team to win their conference or the player of the year in a certain division.
- Parlays: Betting on more than one event on the same slip is popular. With several matches involved, this can be a good way to win big from a modest stake.
- Teasers: This is a subset of Parlay betting. You are betting on a number of spreads, with some flexibility built in.
Banking at 888 Sports – Making Deposits and Getting Back Your Winnings
All the New Jersey online gambling sites share a list of payment options covering credit cards, bank transfers, online wallets and cash. When you check these options at 888 Sport, you’ll quickly see that this brand is super-clear on which can be used for both deposits and withdrawals, and which are for deposits only.
There are 4 payment methods which work in both directions. These are:
- Cash at the Caesars casino cage
eChecks are a form of bank transfer, often called ‘ACH transfer’. This will require additional verification – and is very quick and easy to use. While most bettors have heard of PayPal, Neteller is less well known. This is an electronic wallet which works in the same way as PayPal. You create an account, fund it via your bank, and use this balance for payments. Many people choose this option as it keeps their bank account and gambling separated.
Other deposit options which will not facilitate withdrawals include Visa or MasterCard, Bill Pay (bank transfer), and cash payments via PayNearMe. You can also request a check via the post for withdrawals only. This will take 5 business days after approval.
Customer Service and Responsible Gaming at 888 Sports NJ
Your first stop for assistance with 888 Sports is their detailed FAQ style help section. This covers all the important issues including geo-location, deposits and software / apps. Under this list is a ‘contact us’ button. That will lead you to a web form, where you can ask a question and even attach documents.
Responsible gaming is in place to protect anyone that might have a gambling problem, and to stop minors from gambling online. Like all New Jersey betting sites, you’ll find a link to this via a ‘New Jersey Division of Gambling Enforcement’ badge at the top of the website.
All sportsbooks need to verify the Id of their customers. This stops underage gambling and protects against fraud. Expect to send pictures of your id documents and backup for deposits too.
The information on responsible gambling at 888 sport is a sea of text. This does include the important factors. These involve the ability for players to set limits on their gambling. This can be a playing time limit, deposit limit or a loss limit.
888 also provides you with the ability to set a ‘cooling off’ (time-out) period of between 1 day and 5 months voluntarily. If you want to go further, it is possible to permanently self-exclude yourself from gambling at this site.
Finally, if you are someone you know has a gambling problem (or even suspect this), there are phone numbers and links to help organizations.
About the Caesars Atlantic City Live Sportsbooks
Caesars Atlantic city is one of the biggest casino resorts – though it does not currently have a live sportsbook. You can make live bets at the other two NJ properties owned by the Caesars Entertainment group – Harrah’s and Bally’s. Both venues brand their sports betting areas ‘The Book’. These allow betting on the full range of national and international leagues that the Caesars online betting app does.
Quick Fire History of Caesars AC and 888 Holdings PLC
Caesars is an iconic Boardwalk venue. Like many of the other casinos in Atlantic City, it has a rich history with many plot twists leading up to today’s setup.
The original hotel on the site was ‘Howards Regency Hotel. This was purchased in 1977 – ahead of the start of legal casino gambling in AC. The NJ regulations required casinos to be new developments. As the existing hotel was new, this was waived for Caesars, who instead expanded the existing structure.
Opening in 1979 under ‘Boardwalk Regency’, the Caesars name would be added in 1983, after the regulators concluded an investigation into the owners.
Today you will see a roman themed venue, though the original building had an art-deco look. The renovations concluded in 2008. Bringing to the hotel / casino to the huge size you see today. There are currently 3400 slot machines, 135 table games and a poker room at the site. Caesars has a separate Asian themed gaming area.
As with all of the Atlantic City casinos, there is a lot more to Caesars than just gambling. You’ll find a huge hotel, events center for shows and sporting events, multiple restaurants and bars and even a nightclub there.
The technology partner behind the Caesars Online Sportsbook is 888 Holdings. This company has a long history with online gaming. They have partnered with Caesars group for many branded state regulated sites including the WSOP and 888 Poker bands and NJ online casinos.
888 got started very early in the online gaming. They opened in 1997 and produced one of the first online casinos – casino-on-net. They would go on to create Pacific Poker, one of the earliest online poker brands. That was available in the US until 2006, when the UIGEA laws forced out the big international brands. The sites later rebranded under the current 888 name.
When regulated online poker got started in Nevada, New Jersey and Delaware, 888 were able to partner with several casinos to run the games. Their WSOP.com brand and 888 Poker share players across 3 states – making this site the biggest single poker room in the regulated states. They also run online sports books and casinos.