Get $20 Free with Golden Nugget NJ Bonus Code PLAY20
The Golden Nugget online casino has the lead in New Jersey in terms of revenues. You will quickly see why this is from the moment you log-on. Golden Nugget has a huge game selection (more than 600 titles at the time of writing). This includes a live-dealer online casino, 100’s of slots and a mobile casino app too.
Even better, you’ll get $20 completely free to check out the games with Golden Nugget NJ bonus code PLAY20. If you like what you find, you can take advantage of a huge $1,500 welcome matched bonus too.
This Golden Nugget casino review covers the online casino in depth. You can find out about the bonuses, software options and more below. Here is how the information is organized:
- Bonuses & Bonus Code: A lot to get through here. Benefits are divided into your no-deposit bonus, matched welcome offer, loyalty rewards and GN promotions.
- Software / Access Options: Apps are covered here, plus a quick-start guide to navigating the huge website.
- Game Selection: The selection of games at Golden Nugget online is impressive. Here you will find details on the slots, live dealer games, table games and video poker options.
- Payment Options: Getting your money safely on board, and your winnings back out again.
- Responsible Gaming: Golden Nugget take patron protection seriously, you can find out about the options here.
- Golden Nugget FAQ: All the answers you need before you play for real money.
- About the Golden Nugget: A quick history of this casino and their technology partners NYX.
Golden Nugget Casino Bonus & Free Cash Offer
New players will receive $20 absolutely free by registering with Golden Nugget bonus code PLAY20. This is automatically credited in the form of bonus cash. You can use it to enjoy the real money games, though if you want to withdraw it, you’ll need to complete a play-through (wagering) requirement.
Golden Nugget Online Casino – NJ Bonus Code & Details for 2019
|Online Casino||Golden Nugget|
|No Deposit Bonus||$20 Free|
|Deposit Bonus||100% up to $1,000|
|# Table Games||40|
|Atlantic City Partner||Golden Nugget AC|
|Last Updated||March 11, 2019|
This is 20x ($400) for slots and 100x ($2000) for other games. You’ll get 30 days to complete this.
Once you have met this wagering requirement, the money is yours to keep. Taking the free no-deposit bonus does not stop you receiving the matched welcome offer.
Golden Nugget New Jersey: Big Matched Welcome Bonus
The 100% matched bonus based on your first deposit is big. You can get up to $1500 in bonus cash. Only Betfair Casino NJ (which is also under the Golden Nugget AC license) and the 888 Casino have a bigger welcome offer.
Again, you’ll need to wager this bonus before it can be withdrawn. This is a 20x requirement for slots and a 100x for other games. It will expire 30 days after you make your deposit, or if you make a withdrawal before completing the wagering requirements.
Loyalty Rewards: How the Golden Nugget NJ Look After their Loyal Players
What I like about the ‘Rewards Club’ is that you can mix casino and sports bets to get points. These can be used to buy bonuses. There are three ‘VIP levels’ within this reward scheme, with progressively better benefits as you move through them.
- Golden Rewards Club: For players earning up to 4,999 points per month. You get an option to exchange points for cash + daily / weekly / monthly bonus offers + birthday offers + leaderboard giveaways.
- VIP Rewards Club: At 5,000+ points you get some extra rewards in addition to those above. These include weekly VIP cashback (20%) and exclusive promotions, expedited withdrawals, 5-star VIP support + complimentary perks at the Golden Nugget Atlantic City.
- VIP Elite Club: This level is by invitation only and is reserved for the high rollers. You’ll be assigned a VIP host, get enhanced promotional offers, exclusive invitations to events and tournaments and luxury gifts.
Earning the points to move through these levels depends on the mix of casino games and sports bets you play.
- Slots: 5 points per $100 wagered
- Table Games: 1 point per $100 wagered
- Sports: 1 point per $100 wagered
- Daily Deposit Bonus $50 to $99: 20 points
- Daily Deposit Bonus $100+: 40 points
Redeeming your points for cash could not be easier. You go to ‘My Account’, then click ‘Bonuses and Loyalty’ and you’ll find the button to redeem your points there.
Other Promotions and Benefits at Golden Nugget NJ
You’ll find a mix of player promotions at Golden Nugget. These are changing all the time and you will find the latest under the ‘Promos & Rewards’ tab from the website.
Promotions include reload bonuses, for example a 50% instant bonus on new deposits. There are also ‘double points’ style promotions which give you extra points for the VIP scheme. Sometimes these are for specific games. Drawings and giveaways based on holidays / events like Valentine’s Day can also be found.
You will also find ‘missions’. These gamify your casino experience, giving you rewards for meeting certain challenges. A stable promotion shared between all NJ online casinos is the refer a friend scheme.
Golden Nugget Casino App & Software Options
There are 3 ways to play the games at Golden Nugget. The easiest is to access their website directly at www.goldennuggetcasino.com. This works for both mobile devices and desktops – and gives you access to the full suite of over 600 games.
Navigation around the website is via a ‘My Feed’ area on the right-hand side. This can be collapsed when not in use. This gives you access to your account, current bonuses, the cashier and support. At the top of the web page, you can switch between sports, casino (the default), live dealer games, rewards and banking info.
Below the scrolling graphics with the latest games and promotions, you’ll see the start of a huge list of slots. Golden Nugget and their technology partner NYX have made this easy to filer and navigate – a big plus compared to some other NJ online casinos.
You can either use drop-down menus for studio (who makes the game), type and theme – or use a series of tabs with descriptions of the game type.
If you know which game(s) you are looking for, there is a text search box on the left-hand side.
Game Selection at Golden Nugget New Jersey
With a total of 581 (and counting) games, the Golden Nugget is one of New Jersey’s biggest online casinos. Most of these games are slots – making up 535 titles. There are also both software and live-dealer table games, real-money video poker games and entertaining novelty games including ‘Slingo’ and virtual sports.
Golden Nugget NJ Slot Selection:
The NYX platform used by this casino makes it possible to add games from the big live slot studios – as well as online creators. You’ll find titles from some big names. These include classic live slots from IGT, WMS and Bally. As well as a huge selection from High 5 Gaming, Net Entertainment and more.
While there are relatively few titles with progressive jackpots – many titles have opportunities to win big via line hits and bonus games.
Here are the slot titles with progressives:
- Divine Fortune: This Greek myth title from Net Entertainment has the biggest of the GN progressives.
- China Shores: A classic live slot from Konami, this has the ‘Quick Strike’ jackpot game added to the original game-play.
- Gong Xi Fa Cai: Another classic Asian slot which has a progressive jackpot.
- One Red Cent: This game takes a more traditional angle for slots, this is the ‘deluxe’ edition.
- World of Ripley’s Believe it or Not: Some quirky and entertaining slot action, as well as a big jackpot prize.
Classic Live slots which can be enjoyed at the NJ Golden Nugget include the Crazy Money games – which I have yet to see at other NJ online casinos. You can play Quick Hits slots, Dragon Spin, Cleopatra titles, Double Diamond, Monopoly Slots, Ghostbusters or the famous ‘Zeus’ series – among 100’s of other live titles.
If you are new to the portfolios of Net Entertainment and other online-only slot makers, you will enjoy their games. Many feature 3D graphics, entertaining bonus games and novel game-play on the reels. There are band and TV tie-in games – and many classic themes. Check out titles like Gonzo’s Quest, Jack and the Beanstalk and Elements for a great introduction to these beautifully produced games.
Live Dealer and Software Table Games at Golden Nugget
The Golden Nugget and the other casinos licensed by them (Betfair NJ and Sugarhouse NJ), share a live-dealer studio which is at the Atlantic City location. This allows players at any of these online casinos to bet on games dealt in real time.
Most of these games run from 10am to 4am every day. The exception is ‘Casino Floor Roulette’, which runs 24/7.
Here are the live dealer options:
- Blackjack: There are several 7-seater tables, where each player makes their own decisions.
- Unlimited Blackjack: This is a one-to-many blackjack game, where everyone bets on the same hand.
- Roulette: This US roulette wheel spins around the clock, you can place bets (and repeat your layout) online. There are also separate roulette wheels running 10am-4am.
- Casino Hold’em: This casino poker game is played one-to-many, you can fold or play, the hand will continue to the end for those players that do bet.
- Baccarat: Once again, everyone bets on the same hand.
Live dealer games are very popular – giving a social feel to your online casino gaming.
If you prefer smaller stakes, you can choose the software-based table game selection instead. This includes classics like blackjack and roulette, as well as 3-card poker and Let It Ride. There are some novel variations on the classic games – including 3-wheel roulette and multi-hand blackjack games.
Other Game Options at Golden Nugget Online NJ
With a huge game selection, there will always be titles which don’t fit neatly into any casino game category. Here are some of the other options you can enjoy online at the Golden Nugget NJ casino:
- Video Poker: A smaller selection, though all the main variants are covered. These include bonus poker titles as well as Jacks or Better and Deuces Wild.
- Slingo: These entertaining games are a cross between bingo and slots, you’ll line up numbers and enjoy animated characters and colorful themes.
- Scratch Cards: Enjoy a selection of themed scratch cards, many of them with big prizes.
- Virtual Sports: Sports betting games based on virtual horse races, greyhounds, soccer or motorsports.
Golden Nugget Banking: How to Deposit and Withdraw
With a huge trusted brand like Golden Nugget holding the license of this online casino – you can deposit with confidence. There are a lot of ways to get your money on board. Note that how you can withdraw your winnings will depend on the deposit method you selected.
Id Check Ahead: Note that all NJ online casinos will ask for Id when you make a deposit. This will include a government issued photo Id, proof of address and proof of card ownership if applicable. This protects you as much as it does the casinos – you can save time by preparing these documents in advance.
Options for Depositing at Golden Nugget Online:
- Golden Nugget Branded Prepaid Credit Card: GN have teamed up with Play+ to create a credit card which can be used for deposits and withdrawals. You can fund this with your regular card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover). You’ll get $10 extra on enrolment too.
- eChecks / ACH Transfer: Another 3rd party tie-in, this time with VIP Preferred. You register, then you can send instant ‘electronic checks’ from your bank.
- PayPal: This online casino accepts PayPal. This wallet system is a secure bridge between your own bank and the casinos – ideal for players that want to keep them completely separate. The downside is a small charge when receiving your withdrawals.
- 7-11 PayNearMe: You can take cash to your local 7-11 (along with your account details) and deposit at the cashier.
- Visa / MasterCard: Normal credit or debit cards can be used to deposit at Golden Nugget.
- Neteller: This system is very similar to PayPal, an electronic wallet which you fund then use for casino deposits and withdrawals.
- Bank Transfer / Wire: Bill Pay at selected banks allows instant transfers. Wire transfers give you a secure way to send larger amounts – though these will take up to 3 working days to get through.
- Casino Cage / Safekeeping: You can use the casino cage at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City – or sign up for a ‘Safekeeping’ account via the GN, you need to fund this, and can then use it to deposit.
In addition to those methods in this list marked as suitable for withdrawals, the Golden Nugget will provide a paper check. Remember, you’ll need to withdraw using the same method you deposited with where this is possible.
Responsible Gaming at the Golden Nugget Online Casino
An important difference between the regulated NJ casinos and grey-market offshore operators is that responsible gambling is taken seriously. This not only includes information for people worried that they might have a gambling problem – there are tools for managing your play too.
At Golden Nugget you will find a ‘Responsible Gambling’ link in the footer of the website. This brings up a pop-up, with a lot of information. Here you will find where to manage deposit limits, stop-loss limits, time limits or even go as far as self-excluding yourself.
There are also links to organizations which can assist you with any problem gambling related issues.
Golden Nugget Online Casino NJ Frequently Asked Questions
Who Can Play at the Golden Nugget Online?
You need to be 21 or over and present in New Jersey to play at Golden Nugget. Your age will be verified via an ID request. There is no requirement that you are a permanent resident of the state.
How Does the Golden Nugget Know I am Inside NJ Borders?
Location tracking capability is built into the website and apps. This cross-references with Wi-Fi / IP address information to make sure you are inside the state. There are occasionally issues when right on the border. If Wi-Fi is disabled on your mobile device, you might be asked to install location verification software. Using a Proxy Server or VPN is easy to detect and will not allow you to enjoy the real money games from outside of New Jersey.
Can I Play at More than One Casino Licensed by the Golden Nugget AC?
Yes. Golden Nugget license the Betfair and Sugarhouse casino brands. These are run as independent entities. Players are welcome to enjoy the free-play offers at all 3.
How Do I Know the Games are Fair?
Regulated casinos in New Jersey need to demonstrate the fairness of their slots and table games as part of the NJDGE license. This is done by auditing companies which run millions of hands (or spins) and compare the data to published returns. You can be sure that these games are completely fair.
Do I Need a Separate Account for the Casino and Sportsbook?
No. A single Golden Nugget account works for both casino games and the Golden Nugget sports betting site. You can deposit once and enjoy bets and casino games with the same balance.
If I Get a Better Bonus Offer, Can I Cancel the Current One?
Yes. Bonuses can be cancelled by writing to support. Please remember to give as much information as possible about your user id and the bonus you wish to cancel.
The Fascinating Back-Story of the Golden Nugget New Jersey
Long before his move into politics, Donald Trump was active in property development in Atlantic City. The first resort on the site of today’s Golden Nugget was ‘Trump’s Castle’. This was Trump’s first NJ casino property, opening in 1985. There was a hotel on this site before that, called the Ambassador.
This was a successful resort up until 1990. The newly opened Trump Taj Mahal would provide competition which saw revenues decline. This set off a sequence of ownership changes, bankruptcy filings and buy-outs.
In 1997 the old name was ditched, and the resort was named Trump Marina. It almost became ‘Margaritaville’ (in partnership with entertainer Jimmy Buffet), though that deal fell through. More ownership changes, plus more bankruptcy filings, would go on in the background. Eventually the resort was purchased in Landry’s in 2011.
By spring of 2012, renovations were completed, and the new Golden Nugget resort opened. Today the Golden Nugget is a varied resort. As well as casino games and a sportsbook, there are restaurants, bars and a theatre – along with a hotel containing more than 700 guest rooms.
The Golden Nugget online casino opened in 2016. This is a partnership between the brick and mortar casino and technology company NYX. While the platform, cashier, account management and apps are managed by NYX – games are licensed from other studios including NetEnt, Bally, Konami and IGT.
Wrap Up: How Does the Golden Nugget Compare it Other NJ Casinos?
Despite their late start (coming online 3 years after the first NJ casinos), Golden Nugget has grown into one of the biggest and best of the regulated casinos.
There is a lot to keep you entertained at their NYX powered casino site. This includes a live dealer casino where you can bet on the outcome of games dealt in real-time. There is also a separate sports betting section of the site.
Most of the games are online slot machines, with more than 500 titles (and growing!) at the time of writing. These include the best live games from some of the biggest US gaming studios. There is also a long list of online titles – many of which are exclusive to the GN casino.
Generous player promotions are popping up all the time – many of these are themed around calendar events or holidays.
New players can grab $20 free (with NJ Golden Nugget bonus code PLAY20), this is cleared by playing the real money games and can be withdrawn once your wagering requirements have been met. If you like what you find, you can take advantage of one of the biggest matched welcome bonuses from New Jersey casinos.
Golden Nugget Casino NJ
Golden Nugget Casino is the premier online casino in New Jersey. It is one of two casinos that offers live dealer games and has an impressive $20 dollar no deposit sign-up.