Caesars / Harrah’s Online Sports Betting Site – Detailed Review and Bonus Code
Caesars Entertainment will open their online sportsbook for Pennsylvania in April 2019. This is licensed via the Harrah’s casino (where you’ll find a new live sportsbook) and is expected to be one of the bigger PA betting sites.
This review gives you an overview of what to expect, based on the site currently live in New Jersey. You’ll find information on how to get a free bet, matched welcome bonus – and how to get the best from the diverse betting options available.
Here is how you’ll find the info in this Caesars / Harrah’s Pennsylvania Sportsbook Review laid out:
- Harrah’s Sportsbook Bonus: A lot to get through here with two welcome bonuses (including bonus codes), a loyalty scheme, tie-in with the total rewards scheme and plenty of bettor promotions.
- Reasons to Choose Caesars: You’ll have at least 6 sports betting sites to choose from in Pennsylvania, this section covers the key reasons to choose the Caesars / Harrah’s book.
- Sportsbook Features: An overview of the software and the different options available.
- Caesars PA Mobile Apps: How to bet on your Android & iPhone
- Live (in-play) Betting: What’s available
- Sports Coverage: Plenty of big sports actions and international / smaller leagues too.
- Types of Betting: What to expect at Caesars PA
- Depositing and Withdrawing: The different banking options and how to manage your money safely and securely
- Support: How to contact the Caesars support team, and how to use the responsible gambling features of this sportsbook.
- Harrah’s PA: The live casino and sportsbook
Harrah’s Sportsbook PA – Get a $10 Free Bet with Bonus Code XXX10
You’ll get a chance to bet with the houses’ money simply for signing up at the Harrah’s PA online sportsbook if their NJ offer is anything to go by. This takes the form of a $10 free bet. You can claim it with bonus code ZZZ10.
As always there are some terms and conditions. These are not too restrictive – and are all clearly laid out on the Harrahs website. Here are the key terms:
- Your bet takes the form of a stake only, while you can keep what you win, you won’t get the stake back after betting.
- It must be used in full and can’t be broken into multiple smaller bets.
- You have 7 days to complete the bet.
- Bets must be greater than -200
- The free sports betting offer is not valid for casino games
Standard terms including one offer per person and the requirement to be 21+ and physically located within Pennsylvania will also apply.
Harrah’s PA Online Sportsbook Bonus & Bonus Codes
You can get a matched bonus based on your first deposit at Harrah’s / Caesars PA (again, this is based on the NJ welcome offer information). To claim the bonus, you need to use the Harrah’s Sportsbook bonus code SPORTS300 along with your first deposit.
This is a straightforward welcome offer – it is based on the first bet you place, not the amount you deposit.
After you place your first cash wager, you’ll receive a free bet which matches the value of this up to $300 max. This comes in the form of a stake, meaning you keep what you win from it, though not the $300 stake used for your free bet.
Just like with the free bet, the smallest odds you can bet on are -200 lines, you have 7 days to use your free bet.
Harrah’s Sportsbook Bonus & Bonus Codes for 2019
|Free Bet Bonus||$10|
|Last Updated||March 18, 2019|
Loyalty Rewards: Online and Live Schemes
At Harrah’s / Caesars you can link your online sports betting account to the live casino loyalty scheme. This is called ‘Caesars Rewards’, and comes with tier levels which get you perks at Harrah’s PA and other Caesars resorts around the country. You can earn tier credits and express comps as you bet.
There are also online reward credits. This is a flat-rate scheme, and not tiered as you will find at other PA online sports betting sites. You earn points as you bet. Each time you hit 1,000 points you can get $10 added to your cash balance. To claim this extra cash, go to your main account page and hit the ‘Balances’ tab.
Promotions and Special Offers at the Caesars / Harrah’s Pennsylvania Sportsbook
Until the PA sportsbook launches, we will have to wait for the promotions. Based on their other sites there are plenty of extras to look forward to. Major sporting events will likely see their own promos. There should also be plenty of cross over promos for the online casino. Expect reloads and one-off specials to keep you engaged – and for trying out some of the alternative bets like in-play betting.
Reasons to Bet at Caesars PA Sportsbook
You’ll have up to 6 different PA online sportsbooks to choose from in the initial wave of launches, and others are sure to follow. Smart bettors will be looking for reasons to choose one book over another. Here is what makes this Harrah’s / Caesars online sportsbook a great pick:
- Free Bet: While this is only $10 it has the advantage of letting you check out the betting interface and options at Caesars before you commit your own money. If you like what you find, up to $300 more is waiting as another free bet on your first deposit.
- Big Brand Trust: Caesars are active online in 3 states (NV, NJ and now PA) with poker, casino games and sports betting. You know you are dealing with an organization which has the experience to get things right from day 1.
- Depth of Betting Lines: The big leagues are covered in a lot of depth, with plenty of lines and teasers on the major events. While you won’t find as many niche / international leagues and sports covered at this sports betting site – they do the important games really well.
- In-Play Betting: As the games change, the lines update. You can bet in real time, using the live betting to add to positions, hedge your lines – or simply enjoy the live games more.
- Choice of website or apps: You’ll find iOS and Android apps available, as well as a clean, easy to navigate responsive website.
Caesars Pennsylvania Sportsbook Features
You’ll immediately see how clean the interface of the Caesars online sportsbook is. When you compare this to other books, where you might have to navigate through the Azerbaijan 3rd division before finding the key leagues to bet on, you’ll see this is a big plus.
At the top level you’ll find the home page, in-play (current live games), trending bets and a-z of sports. Like most books, the list of sports is on the left. This is focused on the top leagues, with a limited A-Z underneath.
Clicking on any league will bring up a screen with the current live games highlighted. I like the way you’ll see the spread, money line and totals in a row for each team. Here you will find further options to see the next fixtures to go, today’s matches – then tomorrow, later and futures. Instead of bringing up a new screen each time, these links will move you around the page. If you are unsure what you are looking for you can browse all the available lines by scrolling down the pages for each sport.
As you choose lines, you’ll add these to your bet slip on the right-hand side. Here you will also find a link to the results – a great feature which saves you having to look these up separately.
If you get stuck with any of the betting options, click the ‘?’ symbol next to the log-in button. This brings up a new screen, which contains a comprehensive ‘knowledge base’. For extra support you will find a live chat icon on the bottom right.
Caesars PA Sports Betting Apps
Unusually the casino and sports betting at Caesars is combined into a single app. This gives you access to slots, video poker and table games – as well as the sportsbook.
You can register an account (and claim the bonuses) through the app. You can also download the apps and log-in with the same information you used to register via the website.
If you are downloading via an iPhone or iPad, then you’ll find the Caesars PA sports betting app at the iTunes store. For Android users, the app is not available at the Play Store, so you need to download via the Caesars website. This is safe and simple – though you will need to go through prompts allowing a download from an ‘unknown source’.
The main website will also respond to your screen size – making it suitable for use on mobile devices.
Live Betting at Caesars Sportsbook
Having any bet on a sporting event adds to the excitement. With live or in-play betting, you can take this to a new level. The idea is that the lines / odds on a game change in real time as the action unfolds. For example, early scores might see the points total go upwards, or an early goal might make one team an overwhelming favorite to win.
You can find the live betting via each listed sport. When you choose a league from the left, the active matches are displayed by default. These bets can be taken to lock in wins, hedge against losses or simply to enjoy the action better.
Game Options: Betting Lines Available at the Caesars Pennsylvania Online Sportsbook
All the major sports are covered at Caesars – though there are fewer specialist / international leagues and game options than elsewhere. Here are the main leagues to bet on, starting with the US sports.
Major Sports / Leagues:
- NBA: You’ll find plenty of basketball action covering both the NBA and NCAA. The default view is the current live matches, with next to go, today, tomorrow and futures all covered. Each game shows moneyline, spread and totals as a default. You can find more bets by clicking on the arrow with a number on the bottom right of each entry.
- Football: Again, the focus is on the NFL, though college games are listed. Futures bets include AFC and NFC champions, as well as the top players for passing, receiving and rushing yards. You can expect a lot of lines for each match, from spreads, totals to individual players and props.
- NHL: Both conferences are covered with futures bets, as well as the outright winner. Individual matches are listed with the money line bets. If you click on the additional bets, you’ll find lines for total goals and puck line for each match listed.
- Baseball: A lot of action in season with outrights, season player props and lines for each match. While the majority of lines are for US leagues, there is some worldwide baseball action included.
Other Sports Covered at Caesars Sportsbook PA:
- Soccer: The major European leagues, international matches, Champions League and major cups are covered. You call also bet on MLS matches.
- Boxing / MMA: This area of the book comes to life when major events are taking place. You’ll find bets on minor bouts between times.
- Golf: PGA and Masters tours are covered. There is also a list of season long props, including special bets on Tiger Woods.
- Motor Sports: NASCAR and Formula 1 feature in this section.
- Tennis: You’ll find bets on the ATP tour and WTA.
Betting Options Available at Caesars PA Online Sportsbook
Many of the sports have unique bets. Overall, you can place the standard types of bet on most sports – leaving those specialist bets to the experts. Here are the common types of bet at Caesars Pennsylvania:
Moneyline: This is a simple win bet, you’ll find that the odds makers behind the sportsbook give a price (either positive or negative) for each outcome. For example- team A might be +110, while team 2 are -200. With positive lines this is the amount you’d win for a $100 bet if you are right. With negative lines, you’d have to bet the amount stated to win $100 if you are right.
Spreads: These are set up in the same format as a moneyline bet, only with a positive or negative point total included. If you back Team A at +3, then you’d win the bet if adding 3 points to their score at the end of the match would have seen them win outright. Spreads can also be negative.
Totals Bets: Instead of betting on individual teams, you bet on the total number of points or goals scored in the match by both teams. If you expect a high scoring match, you’d take the over (with the opposite true if you expect things to be tighter).
Player Props: You can bet on individual players in different ways depending on the sport. In NHL the first player to score would be a prop bet. In football this can be based on yards rushed (and other things).
Futures Bets: This can involve picking the winner of a league or outright championship winner. These bets typically lock up your stake for a longer period – though this does give you an interest all season long. Futures bets can also involve things like player of the year.
Live Betting: This is covered above, many of the types of bets listed here can be placed while a match is in-play.
Parlays: Betting on the outcome of a single match will bring small returns. To boost winning potential, many bettors place multiple bets. This can be as few as 2 matches, with the stake from the first one going on to the second. Multiples with several legs can result in some big scores at times.
Teasers: This is a form of parlay involving spreads, instead of a single spread, the teaser gives you flexibility – one team can miss the ‘single bet’ spread and your teaser can still survive. The pay outs for teasers are lower than a straight parlay on the point spreads to take this into account.
Banking Options at Caesars PA Sports
When it comes to getting your money deposited and winnings withdrawn, choosing a licensed sportsbook makes a lot of sense. With a big-name corporation like Caesars behind this book, you can deposit with complete peace of mind.
Caesars have their own pre-paid branded credit card in other states, and I expect to see this in PA when the online sportsbook goes live. This card is provided by Play+ and does require a separate account registration. You can upload funds from your bank / regular cards, then use the balance for deposits. You can also withdraw onto your Caesars card, and spend your balance like any regular credit card.
The other deposit options are similar across all the sports betting sites. These include cash options, credit cards, bank transfers and electronic wallets.
Depositing with Cash: You can deposit and withdraw in person at the casino cage at Harrah’s. An alternative option for deposits only is PayNearMe. This involves paying in cash at 7-11 stores. You’ll need to take a barcode from the Caesars sportsbook cashier with you to deposit.
Credit and Debit Cards: This is the quickest and easiest of all the deposit methods. Note that you’ll need to find an alternative withdrawal method. Visa and MasterCard are welcomed. Using your card is exactly the same as making any online purchase.
Bank Transfers: Two options here, a regular transfer using bill pay, or an ACH transfer – also known as eCheck deposit. For ACH deposits you’ll need to get verified (this speeds up the process, making the eChecks instant). For regular transfers, a list of banks which includes all the big names is given.
Electronic Wallets: These 3rd party online wallet systems provide an extra layer of security – though do charge small fees. You can use either PayPal or Neteller at Caesars online sportsbook. These systems work for both deposits and withdrawals.
Customer Services, Verification and Responsible Gambling
Caesars have a lot of options when it comes to contacting their customer support. You’ll find these linked from the top right of the website. Before you get in touch with an agent, the FAQ section is highlighted. This includes answers to common queries on bonuses, deposits, geo-location and more.
If you can’t resolve your question, you have the following options:
- Live Chat: An icon for this can be found on the bottom right of the website, as well as via the support page.
- Telephone: Expect to find a toll-free number for PA specific support here.
- E-Mail: Instead of a generic support e-mail, Caesars provide specific addresses for different types of query to get you to the right agent fast.
Responsible gaming is taken seriously by Caesars in their live venues and online ventures in different states. The key objective is to prevent minors from gambling, and to assist those who feel they might have gambling problems with a range of tools.
You will find information including links to help organizations and a questionnaire designed to spot problem behaviors. You will also be able to self-exclude from the Caesars PA sports betting site and apps. Deposit and betting limits, as well as temporary time-outs, should also be possible.
The Live Sportsbook at Harrah’s Philadelphia
Harrah’s casino is located on the river in Chester, PA. Their sportsbook is simply known as ‘The Book’. This was opened in December 2018 – along with the first wave of Pennsylvania sportsbooks. It is open daily from 10am until late.
Not only can you bet on the major sports at Harrah’s, you’ll find the book has special game-day menus while you enjoy the games on a series of giant screens. The website has a detailed section showing those who have not placed live sports bets before how the process works. Unlike other PA sportsbooks there is no app that works with the live venue.
About Harrah’s Philadelphia and their Technology Partner Scientific Games
Harrah’s Philadelphia opened in 2007. This site is a ‘Racino’, offering a huge casino, combined with a (harness) horse racing track. For the first few years of operation, slots were the main form of gaming – with table games only added in 2010.
This casino was known as Harrah’s Chester up until 2012. The name was changed to Harrah’s Philadelphia that year. It is operated by the huge Caesars Entertainment. This same group runs Caesars Atlantic City, Caesars Palace in Las Vegas and many other resorts around the country. Caesars are the only live casino group to run online gambling in Nevada – as well as their NJ and now PA interests.
Scientific Games are a giant of the gambling industry. Their subsidiaries include NXY (the casino / betting platform developer), Bally and WMS. As well as live casino slots, SG are active in online gambling platforms covering sports and casino gaming. They also run lotteries around the world.