Get the Best Promo Code and Full Review of the BetRivers PA Sports Betting Site
Many of the Pennsylvania online sportsbooks have a direct equivalent over in New Jersey. Bet Rivers Casino is unique to PA – so I have needed to make some assumptions on what their online sportsbook will look like.
This casino is part of the Rush Street group, that also own the Sugarhouse Casino in Philadelphia. Their technology division ‘Rush Street Interactive’, along with odds platform Kambi, will power the Rivers Casino PA Sportsbook. This shows that the setup is likely to be the same as the Sugarhouse sports betting brand.
When this sports betting site joins the first wave of PA books to go live in April 2019, I’ll refine this review – highlighting any differences.
Here is how the Bet Rivers Casino Sportsbook review below is organized:
- Bonuses / Promotions: What to expect in terms of welcome offers, and the ongoing loyalty rewards and player promotions which matter.
- Pros: Advantages to Betting at Rivers Casino Sportsbook
- Sportsbook Features: How to get the most from the different areas of the software
- Mobile Apps: Sport betting for Android and Apple Devices
- Live Betting: Covers Live and Early Redemption Betting at Rivers Sportsbook
- Game / Betting Options: The sports and lines that you can bet on.
- Betting Options Available: What Kinds of Bet Can You Place?
- Banking: Depositing and Withdrawing from the Rivers Sportsbook
- Support: Customer Support and Responsible Gambling
- About: Rivers Casino Sportsbook (Live Venue) in Chester, PA.
- History: Rivers Casino, Rush Street Interactive and their Online Ventures
Rivers Casino Sportsbook Promo Code – Your $250 Welcome Bonus
If the partner brand Sugarhouse is anything to go by, I expect a simple and generous matched bonus to welcome new players to the BetRivers Casino Sportsbook in Pennsylvania.
This is expected to be a 100% matched bonus based on your first deposit up to $250. Here is how it works:
- Claim your 100% bonus with Rivers PA sportsbook promo code 250MATCH when you make your first deposit
- The minimum bonus amount is $10 and maximum bonus is $250
- This is credited into your bonus cash account and can be used as a stake only (you’ll keep what you win, though the stake will not be returned).
- Play through (wager) your bonus just once to have it move to your main balance where it can be used for further play or withdrawn.
- You have 30 days to complete this 1x wagering requirement.
Rivers Sportsbook Bonus & Promo Codes for 2019
|Sportsbook||Bet Rivers Sportsbook|
|No Deposit Bonus||TBA|
|Pennsylvania Partner||Rush Street Interactive|
|Last Updated||April 18, 2019|
I like the simplicity of this bonus offer. While some other PA sportsbooks try to hook you in with free (no-deposit) bets or big headline bonuses – they have far more terms and conditions. This is a simple 100% matched welcome offer, with an easy 1x play-through requirement.
Earn iRush Rewards at the Rivers Casino PA Sports Betting Site
The parent company of this Pennsylvania sports book, Rush Street Interactive, have developed their own rewards program for players. This is called ‘iRush Rewards’. Compared to other loyalty programs this is both lively (it is ‘gamified’) and flexible. You will be given opportunities to use the points you collect to choose your own bonuses either as cash, wheel spins or even bingo-games!
Your progress is measured visually, using a progress bar. As you complete different levels, the bar will reset – with a number underneath an avatar that you can choose showing your current level. Levels are based on a 60-day average, allowing you to take breaks from betting without losing your status.
Linked to your progress bar is your ‘Bonus Bank’. This is where the points you collect are stored until used. When you take a bonus, it comes with the same 1x play-through requirement as the matched welcome offer.
Points are quick to accumulate, with 1 point for every $10 wagered on single outcomes at the Rivers sportsbook. If you take on more risk with parlays, then the points you earn go up significantly.
Promotions and Special Offers at the Rivers Sportsbook
With the launch getting close I am looking forward to seeing what promotional offers are in the pipeline at Rivers Online Sportsbook PA. It will be interesting to see how many of these are sports-specific, and how many cross over into casino gaming. Expect some combination of specials on big sporting events, reload bonuses and enhanced points earning opportunities.
Advantages of Betting at Rivers Casino Online Sportsbook
Rush Street, operators of the Rivers Casino and Sugarhouse resorts have big ambitions when it comes to the state regulated online betting markets. This is great news for bettors (and casino game fans) who can take advantage of an innovative platform with plenty of benefits.
Here are the key advantages of betting with the online sportsbook Rivers PA:
- Easy Welcome Bonus: You only need to wager your 100% matched bonus once to move it from your bonus cash account over to your real money balance. This is a lot easier than bonuses with multiple terms at other online sportsbooks.
- Huge Choice of Bets: The tie-in with Kambi means you’ll have opportunities to bet on sports and leagues for niche games – plus a range of international markets which is hard to match. If you are an expert in one or more sports, you’ll find more potential for profitable opportunities on this book than many others. Of course, the major leagues are covered in a lot of depth too.
- Flexible Loyalty Scheme: Not only is the iRush system flexible, it is easy to keep track of through visual ‘meters’. I also like the way that the bonus points you earn vary based on the risk level of your bets.
- Live and Early Redemption Betting: You can bet as the lines change in real time at Rivers PA and redeem any bet early to lock in wins or exit a bad position in time.
Features of the Bet Rivers Online Sportsbook
The Rush Street Interactive platform that Rivers Sportsbook PA will use has some innovative features. I like the way that your betting slip pops up from the bottom as you select lines to bet on. Many books use the screen real-estate to the right for the bet-slip instead. Rivers Pennsylvania use this for the ‘social’ part of their platform instead – showing a list of recent winners, along with how much they won as a multiple of their stake.
These social elements cover the account pages too. You’ll find the bonus bank and bar under ‘My Bonuses’ and can choose an avatar from here too. This account area also allows you to set up payment options (and remove them if needed).
The layout of the online betting markets is similar to many books. On the left you’ll find a list of sports. Choosing any of these brings up more options in the wider section in the middle of the screen. Sometimes there is an interim choice of leagues.
You’ll see current live matches featured for each sport. With options to click on ‘futures’ or ‘all’ for longer lists of options. You can switch between factional odds and US lines at the bottom of this middle section.
How to Place a Bet: When you have located your markets and matches, the next step is simply to click on the betting line. This causes your betting slip to pop-up from the bottom left. The line you selected will be added in draft format. You can add a straight bet by adding a monetary amount and then confirming – or add your selection to a parlay.
Rivers PA Online Sportsbook Apps
Rush Street have created separate Android and iOS apps for their other brands, and I expect to see these available for Rivers Casino on launch.
For Apple devices, you should be able to find the mobile sports betting app in the iTunes Store.
The Google Play store is not gambling friendly, even for regulated states. This means you’ll need to download this from the Rivers casino website instead. This is a safe and easy process. Along the way you will have to ‘ok’ downloading from an unknown source.
Both of the Rivers sports betting apps require that you turn on GPS (location detection) on your phone. This is how Rivers Sportsbook will ensure that you are inside Pennsylvania and can legally place a bet.
While apps make betting on your mobile easy, these are not needed. You can use the website on mobile devices too – this will automatically adjust to the size of your screen.
Live Betting at Rivers Sportsbook
Betting while a match is in progress is easy at Rivers. You will see the lines update in real time – with current matches shown first as you select each sport / league. Simply add these to your bet slip as usual, and place bets live. This is not only entertaining, it gives you a chance to lock in value as the game-state changes. You can use live betting to run up winning positions from futures bets, or to hedge your gains / take some money off the table.
Early redemption bets also give you flexibility. You can cash in both winning and losing bets. This can be to lock in gains, or even to exit a bad position – freeing up some cash for better opportunities.
What Sports are Covered at the Rivers Casino Pennsylvania Sportsbook?
Rush Street Interactive has tie-in with Kambi for their markets and lines. This is an international service, which gives access to a huge number of betting markets. You will find the depth of bets available for the major sports impressive – and the sheer number of leagues / niche sports from around the world a little overwhelming!
Here is what to expect from the major US leagues:
- Football: Match bets, conferences, Super bowl, the draft and season props. While the focus is on the NFL, there are plenty of lines for the NCAAF, AAF and CFL too.
- Hockey: Bet on the NHL conferences and outright winner, individual matches, puck line, totals and player props. The lines extend into AHL and World Championship matches.
- Basketball: Plenty of NBA action as you’d expect, including totals and top scorers. Futures action includes conference and division winners and season long props / player of the year bets. You’ll also find NCAAB and Euroleague lines.
- Baseball: Match bets, major leagues, play offs and World Series lines. There is a lot of futures action for MLB too – and of course the World Series has a lot of action too.
Soccer Betting at Rivers PA Sportsbook:
Many of the biggest European leagues have lines – though the soccer betting action literally covers the world. You can bet on MLS too.
Clicking on the soccer tab on the left brings up a screen where you choose your league from the following:
- English Premiership
- La Liga (Spain)
- Bundesliga (Germany)
- Serie A (Italy)
- Champions League (Europe)
If you click on ‘all countries’ you’ll find a huge list of countries, with their top divisions, domestic cups and minor leagues covered. International soccer, including the World Cup and European Championships also has lines. Soccer betting includes match bets, totals, player props like first goal scorer and futures.
Other Sports Covered at Rivers:
You’ll find plenty more betting opportunities covering golf, tennis, motorsports (NASCAR and F1), fighting (MMA / UFC / Boxing), rugby, cricket, Aussie rules football, cycling and more. It is not just the types of sports which will likely surprise some bettors – the depth of covering is impressive too.
Not only are the major events and top leagues covered, there are secondary leagues, divisions and cup contests from all over the world.
Types of Betting / Markets offered at Rivers Casino Sportsbook PA
Rivers PA online sportsbook offer singles, parlays, teasers and futures bets. If you are new to sports betting, there are guides which explain how each of them work. For now, here is a quick overview of the key types of bet you can place online:
- Moneyline Bets: This is the simplest form of betting. You simply pick the winning team. What Rivers sportsbook does is to offer lines (odds) on each outcome. These are shown for a fixed $100 bet – though you can bet any amount you like. Positive lines show what you will win for $100 staked. Lines with a minus sign show what you need to stake to win $100. Negative lines show that a team is a favorite.
- Point Spreads: This format assesses the relative strength of two teams, giving a boost to the points / goals for the underdog to bring them to parity. The lines for each team are close, with one team given a ‘head start’. For example, you might find a team with +6.5 in an NFL match. To win your bet on that team, they need to come within 6 points of their opponents’ total at the end of the game. Note that the 0.5 extra prevents drawn outcomes.
- Totals: While most bets are on one team or another, this wager is on the total points or goals scored in a match. Rivers sportsbook will publish a number, and you decide whether to take the under or the over.
- Futures: Most bets are on the outcome of single matches (or several in a short time period), futures bets are often season-long. For example, picking the winner of the Superbowl before the main seasons gets underway.
- Player Props: As well as betting on the matches, you can bet on the results of individual players. These bets vary by sport. Examples include the highest total points in an NBA game, yards rushed in Football or first goal scorer in Soccer.
- Parlays: This phrase is for any bet involving more than one match. You can bet 2 matches or add many more for the potential for a big payday.
- Teasers: This multiples bet also covers more than one match, it uses a point spread instead of simple win bets.
- Live Betting: This was covered above, many of the main types of bet can be used while the match is in progress. Lines will change automatically to reflect the game state.
Payment Options at Rivers Casino Sports Betting Site
Regulated sites give you a peace of mind for making deposits – and a lot of mainstream payment options to choose from. Sugarhouse have a prepaid credit card in New Jersey. It will be interesting to see whether Rivers Casino Sportsbook will also have one.
Your banking options start with credit cards. Visa and MasterCard are welcomed. You can also use bank transfers. Two types are expected to be available. These are eChecks (also known as ACH transfers) and Bill Pay. The former uses a 3rd party for verification / handling. After verification you can deposit and withdraw instantly. With Bill Pay you log on to your bank and approve a payment in the same way you would pay a utility bill.
Some bettors prefer to keep their bank accounts and betting separated. This can be for job reasons or simply personal preference. You can use electronic wallet services for deposits and withdrawals. The best known is PayPal, though Neteller is also available.
Finally, old-fashioned cash can be used in two ways. First, deposits should be available at the Rivers Casino cage. Second, PayNearMe, which works at the cashier of 7-11 stores – this is for deposits only.
Customer Service and Responsible Gaming at Rivers Sports betting PA
Based on the Sugarhouse example, support should be available around the clock via e-mail, live chat or a local telephone number.
Responsible gaming is an important part of state-regulated online sports betting sites. This protects underage and problem gamblers.
You will be asked to verify your identity as part of this. These ‘know your customer’ checks protect you and Rivers Casino from fraud. There should also be the ability to set deposit limits, time-outs and even self-exclude altogether. The process for doing this will be clear when the site goes live.
About the Rivers Casino and Live Sportsbook
The sportsbook at Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh was one of the first to go live in PA, opening its doors on the 15th December 2018. This is open from 10am (9am weekends) until midnight during the week and 2am at the weekend. This is located next to the high limit table games in the main casino.
You can bet on a range of sports, including major leagues, college games and international action. The minimum bet is just $5. For winning bets you’ll have 1-year (365) days to collect your winnings. Horse racing betting is not currently available.
Rivers casino offer a mobile app to assist with creating bets in their live sportsbook. Note that this is completely separate from the apps and website reviewed here. You can use this to construct bets, find the lines you need and create parlays if needed. These bets can then be placed once you are inside the Rivers casino.
Aside from the sportsbook you’ll find the Rivers Casino is a big resort. The casino floor holds more than 3000 slots, as well as table games. The impressive riverside venue also has multiple dining and entertainment options.
History of the Rivers Casino and Technology Partner Rush Street Interactive
The name of this casino comes from its location. It sits at the confluence of three major rivers in Pittsburgh PA. The licensing and construction of this casino was not without incident. After winning approval along with the first wave of Pennsylvania casinos in 2006, lawsuits from the losing bidders held up construction for several years. After buy-outs behind the scenes, the Rivers Casino opened in August 2009.
Table games would take a little longer. These became available in July of 2010, with 107 tables dedicated for games – and an additional 30 tables in a poker room now available. As well as the dining options, a nightclub and outdoor amphitheater have been added.
Fast forward to 2019, and Rivers Casino will become one of the first PA casinos to launch and online sports betting app. This is in partnership with operating company Rush Street (who are also behind the Sugarhouse Casino). Their technology division, Rush Street Interactive, created the platform – along with the rewards and social aspects of the apps and website.