Sugarhouse Sportsbook Pennsylvania Review – Bet Online With up to $250 Free
Sugarhouse casino opened their live sportsbook within days of sports betting becoming legal in December 2018 at their Philadelphia site. They are also in line to be the first online sportsbook in Pennsylvania. This is due to open in April 2019 – and this review covers everything you need to get off to a flying start.
You’ll find the information on Sugarhouse sportsbook bonuses, incentives and betting markets below based on the successful Sugarhouse NJ sportsbook. While the PA version is expected to follow the successful format of that site, any differences will be highlighted as soon as it goes live.
Here is how the info on the Sugarhouse Pennsylvania Online Sportsbook is organized below:
- Sugarhouse PA Sports Betting Bonuses: Your $250 welcome bonus, the ‘iRush Rewards’ loyalty scheme and what is in store for the promos are covered here.
- Why Sugarhouse Sports: The advantages of picking this online sportsbook.
- Sportsbook Features: A look at the software and what makes Sugarhouse PA stand out from your other options.
- Sugarhouse Sports Betting Apps: Bet on your mobile devices.
- Live Betting Options: Bet on sporting events as they happen.
- Games and Markets: Sugarhouse online sports betting site has a huge list of markets covering domestic and international sports in depth.
- Types of Bets Available: Money line, spreads, parlays, teasers and many more.
- Deposits and Withdrawals: Your banking options for Sugarhouse sports PA.
- Customer Support: How well does this sportsbook look after their customers?
- Sugarhouse Live Sportsbook: If you live in the Philly area, you can also take advantage of the live sportsbook at the Sugarhouse casino.
- About: History of Sugarhouse and their Technology Partners
Sugarhouse PA Sportsbook Bonus
Get $250 Free at the Sugarhouse Sportsbook Pennsylvania with Bonus Code 250MATCH
Sugarhouse offer one of the easiest new player sports betting bonuses you’ll find at any Pennsylvania online sportsbook. This is a matched welcome offer, based on your first deposit.
All you need to do to get up to $250 in bonus credits is deposit with the bonus code 250MATCH. The money is then credited within 48 hours into your ‘Bonus Bank’. You’ll need to activate this, then play through the bonus money within 30 days. You can bet in the sportsbook or play casino games with this money.
Play Sugarhouse PA Sportsbook Bonus & Promo Codes for 2019
|Pennsylvania Partner||Rush Street Interactive|
|Last Updated||April 17, 2019|
After you have wagered the bonus bank money just once – it moves to your main cash balance and can be withdrawn.
Compared with many PA online sportsbooks, this is a simple and generous welcome bonus without complicated terms. The minimum deposit needed to take advantage of it is just $10, though to get the maximum amount you can deposit $250.
iRush Loyalty Rewards at Sugarhouse Sports PA
While many online sportsbooks let you collect loyalty points, the iRush rewards is a little different to most schemes. There are two reasons for this. First, the whole point collection system is ‘gamified’. Meters show your progress and a matrix of points levels and enhanced bonuses shows what extras you’ll receive. Second, you get to choose from different ways to ‘spend’ the points you accumulate.
Here are the key aspects of the iRush Rewards you’ll find at Sugarhouse Pennsylvania.
- Progress Bar: This tracks your loyalty level visually, showing the number of points you earned in a 60-day rolling period. You’ll see how close you are to the next level, with your current level shown under your avatar.
- Bonus Bank: This is where you stack your points. These can be spent immediately for smaller bonus bets (or used in the casino) or accumulated for bigger rewards later on. Each bonus has a generous 1x play-through.
- Bonus Meter: Once you activate a bonus, you’ll track your wager-through progress via a meter. This visually shows you how much bonus cash you have available and your progress towards unlocking it.
Earning points depends on how many combinations you bet on. If you play it safe with single match bets, you’ll get 1 point for every $10 wagered in the Sugar House PA sportsbook. If you take on more risk with 10-12 combinations, you’ll get 1 point per dollar. In between these extremes the points earned vary.
You’ll find this loyalty program very easy to follow. All the meters and progress bars are available in the ‘My Account’ section of the website under ‘My Bonuses’.
Ongoing Rewards and Promos at PlaySugarhouse Sportsbook Pennsylvania
We are keeping a close eye on the launch of the Sugarhouse PA sportsbook for news of promotions. The New Jersey book has a lot of cross-over deals with the casino and bingo sites, as well as social media tie-ins.
There are always a mix of reload bonuses, enhanced points earning opportunities, free spins on a bonus wheel and even free bingo games available. I also expect to see promotions based on the big sporting events throughout the year.
Advantages of Betting at Sugarhouse Sportsbook PA
There are a lot of online sportsbooks to choose from for residents of Pennsylvania. This section helps you to make a smart decision by covering the advantages of each book. Here are the key reasons to choose the Pennsylvania Sugarhouse sportsbook:
- Fast Clearing Bonus: With a simple 1x wager-through requirement, you won’t find an easier PA sports betting bonus. The lack of complex terms and conditions is a big plus.
- Flexible Loyalty Rewards: Some books give you a straight ‘points for cash’ swap system. At Sugarhouse you have the flexibility to choose your own rewards. Bonuses come with the same generous 1x play-though as the welcome offer.
- Single Wallet: You can play casino games and bet on sports from the same wallet.
- Live Betting: In-play betting gives you the flexibility to bet based on the ongoing action. This can be used to hedge existing positions – or take advantage of new opportunities as they occur.
- Huge Range of Markets: With a long list of leagues and sports (including international sports), there is always plenty of action to be found!
Sugarhouse PA Sportsbook Features
You’ll find Sugarhousecasino.com Pennsylvania provides a mix of traditional online sportsbook with social elements. These include a scrolling feed on the right-hand side of the main betting interface – showing recent wins. I like the way this gives you winners with a multiple of their bet size and user name. This shows that big wins are not only for the high-rollers! The other social elements include the gamification of rewards which was covered above.
The welcome screen of the sportsbook is covered by the current live sporting events at Sugarhouse Philadelphia. This can get busy on match-days – though out of hours will have international sports listed. Popular sports are listed in a column on the left. These cover the main sports (including college leagues) and current events such as the NFL Draft. At the top of this list you’ll find a link to your bet history and the jackpot parlay section (which Sugarhouse push hard throughout their site).
Scrolling down the left sidebar you get to a long list of alternative sports. These include soccer, tennis and boxing. A blue button for ‘All Sports’ will give you a lot more options.
After clicking on each left side link, you get the betting options in the main middle screen. This gives you a chance to switch between US odds and the fractional (international) format. Upcoming matches are highlighted, with futures and a longer ‘all’ list for each sport available.
Placing a bet is as simple as clicking on the lines for each match. This brings up a pop up, offering singles, parlay and round-robin bets – along with a space for your bet amount. You’ll notice a ‘buy out now’ button for the cash out betting. More on that in the live betting section below.
Overall, I found the Sugarhouse PA online sportsbook clean, clear and easy to get around. There are plenty of links to the help center, and you can message support direct from the main interface if you get stuck.
Sugarhouse PA Sports Betting Apps
A Sugarhouse sports betting app is available for both Apple and Android phones. While the Apple version can be downloaded directly from the iTunes store, you’ll need to get the Android version from the Sugarhousecasino.com website. This is safe and simple. You will need to enable a download from an ‘unknown’ source via your device.
One thing to keep in mind with apps is that PA sportsbooks will need to positively confirm your location. You may need to enable GPS on your phone, and (where possible) connect via Wi-Fi. If you are close to the state border, then additional location verification steps might be required.
The good news is that once you are verified as being inside Pennsylvania, the mobile betting apps will access all the functionality of the sportsbook website. This includes the cashier and rewards sections, as well as the long list of betting markets.
Live Betting Options at Sugarhouse Sports Pennsylvania
You can bet on sporting events in real time at Sugarhouse PA. As the action unfolds, the odds displayed will automatically update. This gives you an interactive experience – as well as providing opportunities for quick-thinking bettors to make a profit.
Another popular alternative is early redemption. This is known as ‘Cash Out Betting’ at other sportsbooks. You can settle a bet early, with the price depending on the state of play. This gives you a chance to lock in part of your profit, or even exit a losing position early.
Sports Coverage at Sugarhouse PA Sportsbook
The game options are huge at Sugarhouse Pennsylvania. You’ll find all the major sports covered, along with many international sports and niche sports too. The different leagues and betting options for each category are covered below:
Major US Sports Coverage
Football: All the main leagues are covered. In addition to a lot of NFL bets, you’ll find NCAAF, AAF and CFL coverage. There are separate bets for futures, the draft and the Superbowl. At an individual match level, you’ll find money line bets, totals, spreads and player props.
Baseball: With so many matches, you’ll find a ton of betting opportunities covering MLB. You can bet on the World Series, East, Central and West Leagues and season long specials including most home runs, player of the year / rookie of the year and most hits. Markets drill down through individual teams – and of course individual matches.
Basketball: This area includes the NBA, NCAAB and Euroleague too. There are the usual lines for individual matches (including live betting / early redemption). You’ll also find plenty of futures action including conference / division winners, players of the year in different categories and rookie of the year. March madness is a huge betting event every year, expect multiple options for this event.
Hockey: Coverage is split into NHL, AHL and World Championship – then by conference. You can bet on the overall winner, plus conference winners and of course the individual matches.
Major International Sports Coverage
Soccer has a lot of betting options at Sugarhouse Pennsylvania. The focus is on the major European leagues including the English Premiership, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A and Champions League. MLS also has plenty of betting options.
Those high-profile leagues and matches are the tip of the iceberg when it comes to coverage. If you click the ‘Soccer’ button on the left of the Sugarhouse Sportsbook, you’ll find a list of countries. These range from Armenia all the way to Wales. Within each country are leagues and World Cup / Regional Cup competitions – each with their own futures / matches to bet on.
Other international sports covered include Cricket, Tennis, Cycling, Rugby and Aussie Rules Football.
Other Sports Covered at Sugarhouse PA
Motor racing is well covered, with NASCAR having its own section. This is sub-divided into Cup Series, Season Bets, Xfinity Series and All Leagues. Formula 1 is not listed on the left. If you go via the NASCAR tab, you will find this under ‘all motorsports’ from there.
Golf also has plenty of action. This is split into Ryder Cup, European Tour, Season bets, Masters and many more. You will also find good coverage of boxing events plus UFC / MMA.
Betting Options Available at Sugarhouse Online Sportsbook Pennsylvania
Many of the betting options at Sugarhouse PA were covered in the section above. Here you’ll find a list of the different types of bets for quick-reference:
- Top Scorer (match and season long)
- First to Score
- Jackpot Parlays
- Round Robin
- Live Betting
- Early Redemption Bets
There are many more betting formats which are sport-specific. For example, on tennis bets you’ll find set by set betting, and football sees individual bets on yards rushed (and many others). When you combine these with the ability to redeem any bet early, or combine your initial bets with live betting as the action changes, you’ll see how flexible the betting options at Sugarhouse are.
Banking Options: How to Deposit and Withdraw
A huge advantage of the legal / regulated PA sportsbooks is that you can deposit and withdraw using mainstream payment options.
Here are the main deposit options I expect to see on launch. These are based on the current methods at the NJ book:
- eChecks / ACH Deposits: This is a form of bank transfer where you send an electronic check. Since this would normally take a few days to clear (just like a paper check), there is a pre-approval step that gives you instant transfers using this method.
- Cash at the Casino Cage: You’ll be able to take cash to the Sugarhouse Casino in Philly.
- Cash at 7-11: This is for depositing only, you’ll need a barcode generated from your Sugarhouse online sportsbook account. Take this to a 7-11 store and pay into your account at the cashier.
- PayPal: For added protection you can use PayPal. This is ideal for players that don’t want to link their bank account directly to an online gambling site. There are small fees with PayPal. These are balanced by the additional security and payment protection provided.
- Neteller: This is an electronic wallet which is very similar to PayPal.
- Prepaid Card: In NJ Sugarhouse have their own branded prepaid credit card. You can use this for deposits and withdrawals (you can spend the withdrawn balance just like with a regular card). Funding this card is easy via your regular credit cards.
- Online Bill Pay: This is another online banking option. With this you log onto your bank via the Sugarhouse cashier and approve the ‘bill’ (deposit). This is instant, though only works with a list of approved banks.
Document checks are standard procedure at all regulated sportsbooks. These help to verify that you are over 21, as well as protecting both bettors and the books from fraud. As well as photo id, you’ll be asked to take a photo of any credit card you deposit with. You can hide some of the numbers if you wish (as long as the last 4 are visible). These can be uploaded via the Sugarhouse PA sportsbook site. Preparing for this document check in advance can save you time when it comes to withdrawing your winnings.
Customer Support at Sugarhouse Sportsbook
You’ll have 3 ways to get in touch with customer support. These are
- Live chat: This is available from the Sugarhouse sportsbook website or mobile apps around the clock. You’ll find a small strip on the bottom left corner – click this to bring up the dialogue box.
- Email: You can send a mail to [email protected]
- Telephone: If you prefer to speak with an agent, call (855) 752-9101
There is a detailed FAQ via the ‘help center’. This has answers to common questions on deposits and withdrawals, technical issues including geo-location and sports betting options plus bonuses.
Sugarhouse has a detailed responsible gambling policy. This includes the ability to set betting limits, taking a time-out of even excluding yourself from the site. You’ll also find a list of questions which can help you determine if you have a gambling problem.
Sugarhouse Casino and Sportsbook: The Live Venue
Sugarhouse opened one of the first live sportsbooks in PA. This opened on the 15th December 2018. It is a temporary room, located across from the poker room by the casino’s north entrance. A permanent one is now being built.
The Sugar house sportsbook accepts bets on all major leagues and international sports too – though horse racing bets are not taken. The minimum bet in the live sportsbook is $5. For smaller bets, you can use the online sportsbook.
You are welcome to stay in the sportsbook to watch matches. There is a bar open until late daily, seats can be reserved online, and major sports TV feeds are shown.
Outside of the sportsbook you’ll find a huge venue which includes a casino, hotel and events center. There are multiple restaurants and bars.
History of Sugarhouse and Rush Interactive
The ‘Sugarhouse’ name comes from the original use of the site on the Delaware river where the casino is located. This was the Jack Frost sugar refinery. This casino was licensed, along with several others, in 2006 – though it would be 2010 before the first phase of the Sugarhouse resort was completed. It is a big casino, with more than 3,000 slots and many table games.
After initial success, the site was expanded starting in 2014. In 2016 a second phase opened, expanding the casino and adding riverfront venues and restaurants.
Sugarhouse became the first PA casino to open a live sportsbook in 2018. It is expected to be in the first wave of casinos to open an online sportsbook in 2019.
Rush Street Interactive are the technology division of Rush Street – operators of the Sugarhouse Casino and Rivers Casino. They have created a platform for creating accounts and payments for their sports betting and casino brands. This includes the social / gamification aspects of the rewards scheme. Kambi are a global odds provider. This company provide the lines for the huge number of sports you’ll find covered in the Sugarhouse sports betting site and apps.
Sugarhouse PA Sportsbook
Sugarhouse PA Sportsbook