How the Sweeps Coins & Instant Cash Sweepstakes System Works
Online sweeps are legal in most states. These are contests of skill or chance with real cash prizes. They are used by companies as diverse as McDonalds and Pepsi for marketing purposes – and have a long history as charity fundraising events.
Online gambling sites have used this legal framework to offer recreational gamblers a new option.
You can’t buy Sweeps Coins directly. Instead you buy ‘Gold Chips’ at social sports, casino and poker sites. The sites then give you free Sweeps Coins in proportion to your purchase. You now have a choice of playing with gold coins (purely for fun) or the Sweeps Coins you received.
Each spin of a slot, hand of a casino card game or poker hand (or tournament, depending on the format you choose) is considered a mini-sweepstakes game. If you win, then you get more Sweeps Coins – in the case of slot jackpots a lot of it!
Following verification of your id and any play-through requirements, you can swap the Sweeps Coins you won for dollars and transfer these back to your bank account.
Free Sweeps Casinos
There are two casinos where you can play legally under sweepstakes rules. These are Chumba Casino and Luckyland slots. Both offer a mix of slots, with limited table games and keno options. Many of the slots have progressive jackpots, which can reach surprisingly high levels. You can also get free sweeps coins at both casinos.
- Chumba Casino: This site has 50 games, almost all are slots. They are the only social casino to offer completely free sweeps coins simply for signing up. New players get 2 Free Sweeps Coins, along with a big pile of gold coins (which are used for fun play only). You’ll also get double the usual amount of Sweeps Coins the first time you buy gold coins. The slots are bright, bold and often have multiple features. You’ll find plenty of quirky themes which cover everything from Ancient Egypt to wildlife. If the modern video slots are too intense for your liking, you will also find traditional 3-reel slots.
- Luckyland Slots: This site has fewer games, which are different to the titles at their ‘sister site’ Chumba. They are equally colorful, complex and entertaining – many with expanding wild symbols and second-screen bonus features. While Luckyland Slots don’t give Sweeps Coins simply for registering, there are plenty of ways to get this for free by joining contests, buying gold coins or sending a letter with your account details. More on getting free sweeps coins can be found in the section below.
- FunzPoints: FunzPoints is another sweepstakes style online casino. This site offers you up to $22.50 free, $2.50 when you signup and an additional $20 when you make your first deposit. You can get free Funzpoints by sending in a mail in request, entering some of the social contests and through packages.
Free Sweeps Poker Sites
Global Poker has become one of the more popular online poker sites outside of the regulated states. Unlike the casinos, where you play against the house, these games involve testing your poker skills against other players from around the country. You can play for either gold coins (entertainment only) or Sweeps Coins (which can be exchanged for dollars and withdrawn).
You will get 2x the normal amount of free sweeps coins when you buy gold coins for the first time at Global Poker. You buy $5 worth of gold coins and are awarded 10 Sweeps Coins for ‘free’. There are ongoing ways to get free Sweeps. These include entering freeroll tournaments, contests on Social Media and sending a letter with your account details to a specified address.
Here are the types of poker game you can expect at Global Poker:
- Cash Games: Most games are small stakes Texas Hold’em, with 6 max tables the most popular. You’ll play against opponents in games where bets (in Sweeps Coins or Gold coins) have a direct 1-to-1 value.
- Poker Tournaments: In this format you pay an entry fee – and are given tournament chips. You then play until one player has all the chips. Bet sizes increase, keeping the action going. Some tournaments have big prize pool guarantees, with the big money reserved for the players reaching the final table.
- Omaha: While Texas Hold’em dominates the games, you can also enjoy Pot Limit Omaha and Omaha Hi-Lo at Global Poker. Evenings see the most traffic, with the biggest choice of game types.
Free Sweeps Sports Picks
Fendoff Sports is the newest addition to the sweepstakes gambling sites. This allows you to enter mini-contests by betting on individual matches, or by joining bigger picks contests against 100’s of other people. If you have a talent for predicting sports results, then you can find yourself competing for big money at the top of the many leaderboard contests.
You’ll find a lot of sports picks games to choose from. These cover NBA, NFL, NCAAF, NHL, MLB, UFC and EPL. There are also live picks contests, where you can wager on events which are already underway. If you are familiar with full sportsbooks, you will have an edge – with winner (money line), spread and total bets available.
Picks contests work by paying an entry fee. This can be in gold coins (entertainment only) or Sweeps Coins (which can be redeemed for dollars). You then choose the outcome of a list of matches – pitting your skills against up to 200 other people for prizes.
Free sweeps coins is available every 2 hours at Fendoff Sports. You simply log on, go to the ‘store’ and claim your cash. There is 100 in sweeps coins once a day, and smaller amounts every 2 hours. You can also win more in the usual ways, by sending a letter, responding to social media contests winning free to enter contests.
How to Get Free Sweeps Coins?
Sweeps Coins is redeemable. This means that once you build up a stack ($50 or more is the minimum), you can exchange it for dollars and cash out.
Compare Free Sweeps at the Top Sites
| ||Chumba Casino||Luckyland Slots||Fendoff Sports||Global Poker
|Mail In Offer||$5||
|Daily Sweeps||0||0||$2 / 24 hr||0
|PLAY NOW!||PLAY NOW!||
With these online gambling sites offering completely free sweeps coins as part of their legal requirement – you are in a unique position to take advantage. Keep in mind that most free sweeps coins offers are for small amounts. Instead of benefiting directly, you can use this to take a shot (for example on a jackpot slot), and then cash out if you get lucky.
There are many ways you can get free sweeps coins:
- No Deposit Sign-Up Offers: Chumba Casino are the main site offering completely free Sweeps Coins just for registering an account.
- Free Daily Sweeps Coins: At Fendoff Sports, you’ll get free sweeps coins every day to use for picks or to enter contests.
- Free to Enter Tournaments: This covers both poker (freeroll tournaments) and sports (picks contests). Enter with gold coins for the opportunity to win free sweeps coins prizes.
- Social Media: Follow these sites on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. You’ll be offered ways to earn free sweeps coins via these mediums.
- Buy Gold Coins: All these sites give you free sweeps coins when you buy gold coins. In fact, the free sweeps coins is the key (unspoken) reason for buying the gold coins in the first place. Look out for special offers, where you might get above ‘par’ on your Sweeps Coins purchases.
- Send a Letter: Another legal requirement is that these sites give you small amounts of free sweeps coins if you send a letter to their registered address. Make sure you read the instructions before you post.
- Leaderboard Contests: Consistent winners in sweeps coins contests will win some worthwhile prizes via leaderboards. You can also win prizes for doing well while playing for gold coins.
- Refer a Friend: Getting your friends to join can also be a good source of sweeps coins.
How to Mail-in for Free Sweeps Offers
All sites offer small amounts of free sweeps coins every time you send a mail. You’ll need to follow the instructions closely, putting your account information and name in the exact places specified and in a clearly legible format.
Are Sweepstakes Casinos and Sports Contests Legal?
The only places you can’t play at Sweepstakes gambling sites are Washington DC and Washington State. These sites operate legally in every other state.
They stay within the law by operating their games as mini sweepstakes contests. Each time you spin the reels of a slot, you are effectively entering a sweepstakes contest. The same applies for a picks contest (sports) or poker hand or tournaments.
In order to stay legal there are two major requirements:
- These sites can’t directly charge you to play the games. This is why you get ‘free’ Sweeps Coins when you purchase gold coins.
- They need to offer an avenue to enter the contests without making any purchase at all. This is where the ‘send a letter’ part of the system comes in.
While this is a work-around of existing sweepstakes laws, it is built on firm foundations. States would need to pass a bill to change their sweepstakes laws on a one-by-one basis to stop people gambling at these sites. That would involve disruption for the many retail businesses which rely on sweepstakes contests for their marketing.
You need to be 21+ to play at Sweepstakes Casinos.
Understanding Play Through Requirements
For some of the free bonus deals, you’ll have to complete a play-through requirement before your profits can be withdrawn. This can work for slot play, sports betting or poker games. These play-through requirements are put in place to stop people simply claiming their free sweeps coins, and then withdrawing it – which would make the sites unviable.
Play through describes the number of times you need to wager your free / bonus money before it can be withdrawn. The lowest you’ll find is 1x – for example a free bet which you need to wager before profits can be withdrawn. You will find higher play-through, up to 25x for some casino games with a lower house edge.
When it comes to gambling bonuses, play-through or wager-through requirements are a fact of life. It is always worth checking the small print, to make sure you get a deal with the lowest possible rates.
Final Thoughts on Free Sweepstakes
Unless you live in Washington (either State or DC), you’ll be able to claim free sweeps coins at a new breed of online gambling site.
These sites mix social casino and sports games with gambling. There are currently 2 casinos (Chumba Casino and Luckyland Slots) and one site each for poker and sports betting. You can enjoy slots, blackjack, keno, sports betting, picks contests, poker tournaments and cash games.
All the sites have one thing in common – their sweepstakes gambling format. You’ll bet with Sweeps coins, which can be exchanged for dollars and cash out to your bank. You can’t buy this sweeps coins directly. Instead you’ll find various ways to get it for free. These include no-deposit bonuses, free games, social media and sending a letter. If you enjoy the sites, you can get a lot of free sweeps coins for ‘free’ by purchasing gold coins.
Purchasing Gold Coins to Play Sweepstakes Slots
Legally, you are not buying Sweeps Coins. Instead, you buy gold coins, which have no redeemable value and are used for ‘fun’ play only. The social casino will then voluntarily give you Sweeps Coins – in proportion to your gold coin purchase.
You can buy gold coins with your credit card. This is not restricted by banks in the same way that deposits to offshore real money gambling sites can be. If you don’t want to give your credit card information, alternatives include PayPal – or virtual / prepaid Visa card options.
Cashing out Sweeps Coins will involve an Id check. This keeps the social casinos safe from fraud – making it possible to run the games for genuine players. The primary cash out method is an electronics fund transfer (local bank transfer).
Sweeps Coins Casinos: Chumba Casino Review
Chumba Casino is the most popular online sweeps casino that uses the Sweeps Coins model. There are a smaller number of games than at most casinos. These are mostly slots, which are unique to the site. You will also find a blackjack game and a single video poker option.
You can join this casino sweepstakes site via Facebook or direct at www.chumbacasino.com. If you go direct, you can still register using your Facebook id – or use the standard e-mail signup.
You’ll see a notice when you first log on explaining a little about Sweeps Coins. This states that players around the world can use it to play – though only US and Canada (not Quebec or Washington) residents can cash it out again. Verification of your e-mail via a 4-digit pin and adding your address information completes the process.
New players get 2 Free Sweeps Coins, along with 2,000,000 gold chips to start off with.
Chumba Casino Software: On the left of the lobby you’ll see the social aspect of this casino. This shows a list of the big winners from the last few days. From this list is should be quickly apparent that significant sums of Sweeps Coins are being regularly won.
The middle section of your screen shows the latest / featured slots. You then scroll through the game options using arrows, with blocks of 8 titles displayed at a time. The background graphic shows a row of slots like you’d find at a live casino – in a neon blue.
Above the reels are your two balances (gold coins and Sweeps Coins). You can switch between them with a button between these displays. On the right is a ‘Buy Now’ and ‘Cash Out’ button which takes you to the cashier.
Chumba Casino Games: The slot titles may be new, though many of the themes will be instantly familiar. Examples include ‘Stampede’ showing a head-on graphic of a buffalo, and Irish / Egyptian / Vegas themed titles too. Many have jackpots displayed under their icon in the lobby.
The only table game currently available is a single hand blackjack table. There is also a single video poker game (Jacks or Better). When you get the end of the games list several ‘coming soon’ messages will let you know that more titles are on the way.
Sweeps Coins Poker – Global Poker Mini Review
Global Poker are legal in most US states. They use a ‘Sweepstakes’ model like Chumba, where each cash game hand or tournament entry is considered an individual sweepstakes contest. You can’t buy ‘Sweeps Coins’ directly. Instead you get this for free when making a purchase of ‘Gold Coins’ (the play-money currency also used). You can also get Sweeps Coins by mail – by sending a letter to an address in the terms and conditions.
Buying gold coins at this sweepstakes poker site is simple. You can use PayPal or a credit card. When it comes to cashing out any Sweeps Coins you won, you’ll need to go through a thorough Id verification process. You need a minimum of $50 to make a withdrawal – which can be processed via a local bank transfer.
Poker Games at Global Poker: You can play Texas Hold’em and Pot Limit Omaha games. Blinds start at 1c / 2c ($2 max Sweeps Coins buy-in) and go up to $10 / $20. Action is focused at the smallest stakes – and is considered ‘soft’ in relation to other poker rooms.
As well as cash games, you can enjoy tournaments, sit n goes and lottery sit n goes at Global Poker. They recently hosted their first online poker tournament event (the Global Poker Series), which advertised a combined prize pool of more than $850,000 (in Sweeps Coins) guaranteed.
Promotions and Offers at Global Poker: New players get 5,000 gold chips to enjoy the play money games. To get Sweeps Coins, you’ll either need to send a letter or participate in a promotion via social media, or buy gold coins and receive them for ‘free’. At the time of writing posting yourself in your home town playing at the site will get you some free chips.
Summing Up: Are Sweepstakes Casinos & Slots Safe or Legal?
These casinos operate using a loophole in State laws that allow Sweepstakes type contests. Social sweepstake casinos are approved by Facebook and the payment processing companies (both of which have strict guidelines when it comes to real money gambling). Chumba and Global Poker are both licensed in Malta. They have mailing addresses in both the US and Canada too.