How to get free sweepstakes currency?
With these online gaming sites offering completely free sweepstakes currencies as part of their legal requirement – you are in a unique position to take advantage. Keep in mind that most free offers are for small amounts. Instead of benefiting directly, you can use this to take a shot (for example on a jackpot slot), and then redeem if you get lucky.
There are many ways you can get redeemable coins:
- No Purchase Sign-Up Offers
- Free Daily Sweeps Coins
- Free to Enter Tournaments: This covers both poker (freeroll tournaments) and sports (picks contests).
- Social Media: Follow these sites on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. You’ll be offered ways to earn free Sweeps Coins via these mediums.
- Purchase Play Money: All these sites give you a bonus of free sweepstakes currency when you purchase play money.
- Send a Letter: Another legal requirement is that these sites give you redeemable coins if you send a letter to their registered address. Make sure you read the instructions before you post.
- Leaderboard Contests: Consistent winners in coin contests could win some worthwhile prizes via leaderboards. You can also win prizes for doing well while playing for play money.
- Refer a Friend: Getting your friends to join can also be a good source of redeemable currency.
Are Social and Sweepstakes Casinos and Sports Contests Legal?
You can play at Sweepstakes/Social gaming sites across most US states and even Canada.
They stay within the law by operating their games as mini sweepstakes contests. Each time you spin the reels of a slot, you are effectively entering a sweepstakes contest. The same applies to a picks contest (sports) or poker hand or tournaments.
In order to stay legal there are two major requirements:
- These sites can’t directly charge you to play the games. This is why you get a bonus of ‘free’ Sweeps Coins when you purchase Gold Coins.
- They need to offer an avenue to enter the contests without making any purchase at all. This is where the ‘send a letter’ part of the system comes in.
While this is a work-around of existing sweepstakes laws, it is built on firm foundations. States would need to pass a bill to change their sweepstakes laws on a one-by-one basis to stop people playing at these sites. That would involve disruption for the many retail businesses which rely on sweepstakes contests for their marketing.
You need to be 21+ to play at Sweepstakes / Social Casinos.
Understanding Play Through Requirements
For some of the free bonus deals, you’ll have to complete a play-through requirement before your profits can be redeemed. This can work for slot play, sports betting, or poker games. These play-through requirements are put in place to stop people simply claiming their free Sweeps Coins, and then redeeming them – which would make the sites unviable.
Play through describes the number of times you need to play your free / bonus coins before it can be redeemed. The lowest you’ll find is 1x – for example, free spins which you need to play before profits can be redeemed. You will find a higher play-through, up to 25x for some casino games with a lower house edge.
When it comes to gaming bonuses, play-through or wager-through requirements are a fact of life. It is always worth checking the small print, to make sure you get a deal with the lowest possible rates.
Final Thoughts on Free Sweepstakes
These sites mix social casino and sports games with gaming. You can enjoy slots, blackjack, keno, sports betting, picks contests, poker tournaments and cash games.
All the sites have one thing in common – their sweepstakes gaming format. You’ll play with sweepstakes currency, which can be redeemed for cash prizes. You’ll find various ways to get it for free. These include no-purchase bonuses, free games, social media, and sending a letter.