How to Get Free Sweeps Coins?
Sweeps Coins are redeemable. This means that once you build up a stack ($50 or more is the minimum), you can exchange it for cash prizes.
With these online gambling sites offering completely free Sweeps Coins as part of their legal requirement – you are in a unique position to take advantage. Keep in mind that most free Sweeps Coins offers are for small amounts. Instead of benefiting directly, you can use this to take a shot (for example on a jackpot slot), and then cash out if you get lucky.
There are many ways you can get free Sweeps Coins:
- No Deposit Sign-Up Offers
- Free Daily Sweeps Coins
- Free to Enter Tournaments: This covers both poker (freeroll tournaments) and sports (picks contests). Enter with Gold Coins for the opportunity to win free sweeps coins prizes.
- Social Media: Follow these sites on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. You’ll be offered ways to earn free Sweeps Coins via these mediums.
- Buy Gold Coins: All these sites give you free Sweeps Coins when you buy Gold Coins. In fact, the free sweeps coins are the key (unspoken) reason for buying the gold coins in the first place. Look out for special offers, where you might get above ‘par’ on your Sweeps Coins purchases.
- Send a Letter: Another legal requirement is that these sites give you small amounts of free Sweeps Coins if you send a letter to their registered address. Make sure you read the instructions before you post.
- Leaderboard Contests: Consistent winners in Sweeps Coins contests will win some worthwhile prizes via leaderboards. You can also win prizes for doing well while playing for Gold Coins.
- Refer a Friend: Getting your friends to join can also be a good source of Sweeps Coins.
How to Mail-in for Free Sweeps Offers
All sites offer small amounts of free Sweeps Coins every time you send a mail. You’ll need to follow the instructions closely, putting your account information and name in the exact places specified and in a clearly legible format.
Are Sweepstakes Casinos and Sports Contests Legal?
The only places you can’t play at Sweepstakes gambling sites are Washington DC and Washington State. These sites operate legally in every other state.
They stay within the law by operating their games as mini sweepstakes contests. Each time you spin the reels of a slot, you are effectively entering a sweepstakes contest. The same applies to a picks contest (sports) or poker hand or tournaments.
In order to stay legal there are two major requirements:
- These sites can’t directly charge you to play the games. This is why you get ‘free’ Sweeps Coins when you purchase Gold Coins.
- They need to offer an avenue to enter the contests without making any purchase at all. This is where the ‘send a letter’ part of the system comes in.
While this is a work-around of existing sweepstakes laws, it is built on firm foundations. States would need to pass a bill to change their sweepstakes laws on a one-by-one basis to stop people gambling at these sites. That would involve disruption for the many retail businesses which rely on sweepstakes contests for their marketing.
You need to be 21+ to play at Sweepstakes Casinos.
Understanding Play Through Requirements
For some of the free bonus deals, you’ll have to complete a play-through requirement before your profits can be withdrawn. This can work for slot play, sports betting, or poker games. These play-through requirements are put in place to stop people simply claiming their free Sweeps Coins, and then withdrawing it – which would make the sites unviable.
Play through describes the number of times you need to wager your free / bonus money before it can be withdrawn. The lowest you’ll find is 1x – for example, a free bet which you need to wager before profits can be withdrawn. You will find a higher play-through, up to 25x for some casino games with a lower house edge.
When it comes to gambling bonuses, play-through or wager-through requirements are a fact of life. It is always worth checking the small print, to make sure you get a deal with the lowest possible rates.
Final Thoughts on Free Sweepstakes
Unless you live in Washington (either State or DC), you’ll be able to claim free Sweeps Coins at a new breed of online gambling sites.
These sites mix social casino and sports games with gambling. You can enjoy slots, blackjack, keno, sports betting, picks contests, poker tournaments and cash games.
All the sites have one thing in common – their sweepstakes gambling format. You’ll bet with Sweeps Coins, which can be exchanged for dollars and cash out to your bank. You can’t buy this Sweeps Coins directly. Instead, you’ll find various ways to get it for free. These include no-deposit bonuses, free games, social media, and sending a letter. If you enjoy the sites, you can get a lot of free Sweeps Coins for ‘free’ by purchasing Gold Coins.